1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 7900GTX 3DMark06 issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BobCobb, 11 May 2006.

1. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Well, after installing my nifty eVGA 7900GTX, I spent many an hour playing Oblivion. After I got my temporary fill, I decided to see what kind of score this machine could get and overclock it.

Well, the last graphics test in 3DMark06 "Deep Freeze" screws up. The screen tears and there are pink streaks across the lanscape. Some models are still visible, but the lighting is screwed up throughout. I end up having to reboot my computer as the display is no longer responsive after the test.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? I emailed evga, and they have sent me a new bios which I will try tonight. I hope I don't have to RMA this card, because Oblivion has run nearly flawless, barring two graphical quirks that fixed themselves.

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Try bumping PCI-E frequency up to 110 and see if that helps

3. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Thanks, that removed most of the graphical problems, although the fps still dropped dramatically and there was a couple of slight tears. I can't install the bios yet because I didn't bother the put a floppy on this rig. :wallbash:

Who needs that antiquated technology anyways! :duh:

Will further increasing the PCIE help more the card be more stable?

4. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Yup, the only issue you may face it disk corruption, should be fine to ~ 115mhz, but around 120-122 seems to be the sweet spot.

5. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Would PAGEFILE and IRQ BSODs be evident of disk corruption because of the PCIE setting?

I got artifacts in Oblivion last night, with my card at stock speeds. Looks like I might have to RMA it. :(

6. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

EVGA's have had problems with ram and random artifacting, my BFG 7900gt died within 3 days.

7. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Its funny because the issues didn't arise until I used 3DMark06. Before then I only had two small graphical glitches. Now, I'm getting artifacts in Oblivion and have to close the game.

Oh well, I just pray my replacement is not a POS.

8. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Is your card an OC'd version btw?

9. DMAthlon

DMAthlon What's a Dremel?

Idk what burning tool you use but i use a version of Nero i got with an OEM lightscribe drive and it lets me makes bootable CD's. so you could give that a try for the bios.

10. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

I am not sure if your issue has been resolved yet or not. BUt i had a similar experince back in the summer when i got a 7900GTX. Basically it would work fine. Ran it once through 3dmark2006 and i then had to rma the card. As such the only quick solution i found was exchange the 7900gtx for an x1900xt not sure if thats really a fix suitable for your situation or not but i thought i would share my experience.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I would think it's sorted now... That was nearly 8 months ago

Tags: