1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's NOT getting a 360 and waiting for the PS3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by therealdave, 24 Nov 2005.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Yes, we all have multiple big hdtv's next to one another :lol:

2. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Well that's damn handy ;) :p :rolleyes: :lol:

3. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I dont know about lans in your area, but people always bring a few HDTV sets, or if not that have a HUGE projection screen.

4. Hellboy787

Hellboy787 What's a Dremel?

Im a xbox fan but Im not to sure about the new one, Im not a PS2 fan BUT I just might be the new kiddy on the block soon.

5. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I'm holding off on the 360, but I will be buying Super Mario World for my Game Boy Advance. That game rocks!

(Although I'll keep my Xbox around for Namcomuseum, galaga rocks as well)

6. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

just to bring up the pre rendered thing on mgs4 once again - im not sure if it pre rendered or not but on past accounts what kojima shows in his trailers are VERY illistrative of the final games quality.

7. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting till about spring next year to buy my 360. I made the mistake TWICE. Of buying a console on release. Dreamcast and the Playstation 2 (for me atleast) had poor launches in terms of what I like to play. It was nice to be able to say "Dude I got a Dreamcast/Playstation 2", but then it wasn't so fun when they came over to play, and I literally had no good games to play on them (as they weren't released). Dreamcast had what....Sonic Adventure, and PS2 had Madden, and I think Summoner initially. (I am aware those weren't the only games, just the more notable ones worth playing at the time).

Xbox 360 has a few games I want to try out at best, but can afford to wait for. CoD 2 is coming to PC as far as I know (If I am wrong then correct me heh) and a good PC I am sure with a good monitor will put up graphics just as good as a 360, maybe a not AS good, but pretty close. Besides Mouse + Keyboard suites me betters for FPS :D . Project Gotham Racing from what I have read and seen, is a beautiful game indeed, but playwise is nothing more you would expect from a Racing Game. So I am fine sticking to GT 4 on my PS2 and Forza Motersport on my Xbox (so hard to decide which to play sometimes haha). FFXI:Online in my opinion is not going to sell the 360. The itself was made to handle good on the PS2, so even on PC it could have looked better but didn't. I don't see any changes on the 360 in terms of how the game looks aside from using it with an HDTV and getting a much sharper picture. I could be wrong. While Sony boasts the better 3rd party support, Microsoft has gained the trust and interest of some of the notable 3rd party developers Sony once held. Like the guy over at Tecmo said, if they are going to start making games for the 360, THEY BETTER BE GOOD GAMES.

PS3 I am hoping sony delivers. For me, what they may lack in terms of the HDD for the system, they make up for with Blueray support. I see no excuses from devopers when it comes to game qualitiy when they have so much space to work with on the Blue Ray disc than with a DVD. My games better have LOTS of content on the PS3, and if not I will be one upset customer. Sony has my confidence due to their 3rd party support with the PSX and PS2. To the guy who seems to not know what Ace Combat was, It was THE Premiere Flying game on the PS2. It has some of the best Graphics out there, and a good storyline, ontop of majority of the liscenced Planes throughout the World in it. Ace Combat 4 and 5 are among my most favorites on the PS2. I hope AC6 if it ever does come to existence on the PS3 exceeds AC5. Resident Evil 5, from what I heard will be a 360 title first, so it doubt it will sell PS3's unless it comes out multiplatform after the PS3 release.

Revolution I am sorry to say is the least of my concern. I've no idea when and if I will get one. I didn't buy a gamecube until lastyear, and even now I hardly play it. The ability to play some classic games pales in comparison to my computer and it's emulators (I admit it's wrong but....it feels soo good playing Secret of Mana again.). The controller doesn't really interest me. I guess it gives me a choice of which system I want to look more like a monkey playing. The PS2/3 Eye toy, or the Revolutions Controller. If I have my g/f over and she happens to sit down next to me while I play a game the last thing I want to happen is that I accidentally slap her silly trying to "slash" at the screen with my controller :hehe: . It's good though that the Revolution controller will still be able to play like a normal one so no biggie. My biggest problem with Nintendo is their 3rd party support. I love Mario and co. to death. But it's pretty dull when the only thing Nintento seems to have left in their bag, is always that next Zelda or Mario blockbuster that they filter through magazine covers and articles for a while until it's release. I'de rather not own the system that spend the money it just for one or 2 games that are good, and are released every few years. If Nintendo starts to show more 3rd party support in the revolution I will own one eventually.

So I am waiting on all 3 to be released first. Giving them time before I actually buy them so I am not bored the week after purchasing them.

8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Oh...I am sorry. I seem to have stumbled across the forums at www.gamefaqs.com. I will leave, you can continue your flame war now.

9. K

K 528491

I'll buy the first next-gen console that has next-gen games to play on it.

I could be waiting a while.

NB: The guy a couple of posts above obviously didn't get Soul Calibur with his Dreamcast at launch.

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Im not getting a 360 as im not paying £300 for one. And it will be a while before I get a PS3 as £400 is just plain stupid. When the 360 is around the £200 mark I will get one and the same goes for the PS3.

But most importantly Im def not getting one until I have got me a HD TV as there is no point having a 360 playing through my 21" TV that has no scart. picture will be crap.

When Ive finished saving for my 50" HDTV Plasma then Ill think about a 360 and PS3 :p

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Use your PC monitor for hi-def. Also I suspect the PS3 will be more than £400 when it launches.

12. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Personally, I'm getting a Wii, then a PS3 after it drops a shitload in price. MG4 looks too damned good.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not got a 360 yet, they still havn't realeased anything worth playing that I can't get on my PC. I will get one eventually when some good exclusive titles come out. Same goes for the other consoles (so long as the prices are reasonable).

TBH, I don't give a **** about having a blu-ray player in my PS3, I'd hapilly not have one if it cut a fair chunk off the price. Consoles are all about gaming, the only + point for blu-ray in the PS3 is for having gigantic games, but if they can squeeze Oblivion onto 1 DVD-9, then what is the point really?

I will get all 3, but only for thier exclusive titles, damn annoying really. I was laughing at the idea of the Wii, but looking at all the E3 pics, it looks like damn good fun to play.

I'll wait till the prices come down and they have a good catalogue of games before I buy any of the consoles.

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Im not realy fused about the blue ray. To be honest I never even thought about it until you mentioned it vales.

I am interested in consoles to play games, and watching films is a bonus but not essential.

I have my DVD player for films and most likely get a HD DVD player when they are out and cheap for my Films. I dont like playing my DVD's on XBOX or PS2, dont know why but just prefer to play them on a dedicated DVD player.

If I get a 360 sometime in the near future I wont be buying th HD DVD drive thats limited to just being able to be used with a 360 only and not stand alone either.

Just give me games machine and concertrate on a good games machine and not a film player and all that extra rubbish. :) like Nintendo I guess.

15. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

It's a USB 2.0 drive. Microsoft won't make a comment as to if it'll be compatable with a PC, but if it isn't officially, I"m sure someone will come up with a work around.

16. Elias

Elias What's a Dremel?

ALL ABOUT THE PS3 BABY. 2.1 TERAFLOPS, XBOX360 1.2 TERAFLOPS.
    DECIDE FOR YOUR SELF :D

17. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

no xbox for me. I had the last one, and sold it, where as i've had my ps2 since the week they came out, and still use it. - playstations are better.

18. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

In my old flat, where I lived for 2 years, we had a PS2 and a (heavily modded) xbox. I barely touched them.

I've had a gamecube for about 3 months, and play it nearly on a daily basis...I think that says it all really!

Sam

Tags: