1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple releases Macbook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 16 May 2006.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Integrated graphics has more then enough punch to push office applications and websites to your screen. It's not a gaming laptop.

I'd still like to have one though, but I really don't see myself putting it to any use.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

Agh, perfect spec for me - i just dont need anything other than intel integrated graphics, but what I do want is a bigger screen and resolution. I guess i'll end up buying a macbook pro, then.

3. CoolFox

CoolFox What's a Dremel?

The other thing that makes me a little miffed is that apple still has not put a 2 button pad on the 'book.

Apple could easily keep the asthetic of one button by using the mighty mouse tech, or just by simply putting a rocker under the button.

It makes Windows using a little dificult without the contextual menu system, ya know?
    And yes, I know about the 3rd party additives that make it so you can use a Fkey as the right click, but thats besides the point.

4. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

You can tap with 2 fingers to right click. Not sure if it works in Windows yet (in fact Im reasonably sure it doesnt as MacBook isnt an available option when downloading bootcamp) but Im sure it will at some point.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Really? Go figure... that'd be nice to know. I'm gunna have to have fun with that one :)

Within windows, tapping on the MBP doesn't seem to be an option at all (not from what I've found anyways) so I don't expect it to be different on the MB. But Bootcamp offers a monumental loss in functionality over OSX

6. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

The pricing just puts my 4yr old Alienware to shame. Albeit, mine does have a larger monitor, the appeal of this laptop is just breathtaking. They definitely did inject the essence of Sexology (totally made up statement), into this latest release. I'm ashamed to say that I'd pay that extra money for the 20gigs and Black Paint. :(

:D

7. CoolFox

CoolFox What's a Dremel?

Yah, i've tried, it doesn't work in windows. That was my point I belive. Thanks though.

I remember my 1.33 GHz PowerBook had that feature when I installed iScroll2, it make things much nicer.

8. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

I wouldnt splash out yet. Apparently there are issues with flaking paint (although it was when sratched with the guys fingernail)

9. meserlian

meserlian What's a Dremel?

i was wondering can't the Graphic card be upgraded or anything, cause ive been looking forward for this notebook , and when they said "intel integrated graphics" i almost killed someone (i was choking my cat), i am so looking forward to buy this notebook and bootcamp it, but i dont see the point if wont be able to play some "simple games".

Tags: Add Tags