1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development New Site Check out

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fahey, 23 May 2006.

1. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

Alirght guys I have this website Im making.

please visit it and tell me what you think and how it loads.
    I can see how it loads because its really quick on mine.
    But today at school I went on and it took for ever to load and it had errors with not showing the name of the website and the videos.
    I took the videos off and changed acouple of things please visit it and tell me what you think.

fahey1988fox.tripod.com

2. moonripper

moonripper What's a Dremel?

I have just had a quick look and found some navigation errors. The homepage link does not always work.

To me the site design looks like it should be in the centre of the page not to the left. But you may want it on the left :) is just what I thought.

Just having another look now, none of the links are working. I suggest you get some cheep hosting, as it is much more reliable than relying on tripod.

3. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

Get rid of the flash! They are totally unnecessary and made me wonder why I clicked to start them (Flashblock ***). As moonripper suggested, put the content in the middle. It will make the page look much more balanced.

Also, I'm not a fan of the red/yellow/black color scheme. Since the dominant color in your pictures is green (grass), consider using that as your background color, or perhaps a complimentary color (blue) to offset the pictures.

- tf

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

You should probably have it centered.

5. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Ack Geocities! Yikes...

6. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

The red "lined?" background looks a little wierd against the yellow text.

Your flash, if you wish to keep it, should be smaller height-wise because it seems to dominate the pages.

I agree the site needs to be centered as well. High-resolution setting makes the site appear off balanced.

7. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

Ok thanks Ill try what you guys say. Also the links I fixed. It was the home link. I remeber that I saved the home site under another name and for got to change the home link.
    I changing the back ground to blue to see it but it isnt working.
    Any1 using dreamwaver.

Last edited: 24 May 2006
  8. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

OK I did the changes to the website put a blue background made the titles tag little smaller. So check it out. Videos showed I have it got to a different link and then play or play from where its at.
    Also Im in the US I was wondering what would be a good webhosting site. I just used tripod just to see how its going to look and all. Now I need to know a place where its good and for not alot for a monthly payment.
    I was thinking of getting the tripod pro
    http://www.tripod.lycos.com/compare/compare.html

Last edited: 24 May 2006
  9. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

My host for my clans website is around $20 a year off ebay with unlimited disk space and 10,000g of bandwith a month. E-mail me for links i might dig some up.

10. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of adding a forum does any1 know how to do that.
    Or a mailing list.

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Maybe you were loading from your HDD cache at home...

12. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

I have to pcs and both load it fast. Also I made it with Pro 8 the title and it doesnt show the name Apex Pit Bull at school. But it will show the Pit Bull morph.

13. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

Alright Im thinking of changing the host.
    Whats a really good hosting site that allows Googles Adsense CPC (Cost Per Click) and not much on monthly payment. Also Im making a link and was wonder who should I ask to add my link to kind of like a I hold ur link u hold mine.