1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of Mice and Mats

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 May 2006.

1. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I agree. I like my G5 (the ability to change the weight and the sensitivity are two things I really like about it) but it suffers from the same issue as my MX-700 did, but even worse: the scroll wheel is really hard work to press. I don't like putting a lot of pressure on my mouse - I like it to 'float'.

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I have a MS wireless natural multimedia keyboard which took a bit getting used to but I absolutely love and a wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 which I use without a pad. The batteries in the mouse are about 4 months old and I never had any lag except when I had my mom's Trust wireless optical on a similar freq. a meter away. I also LOVE the feel of the mouse. The only thing I dont like is the rollie wheel which is useless for gaming.

- ed out

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I would really like a G5, but I'm not going to get one. For the exact same reason as Hamish. I want two mouse buttons, and I want them to sit right above where my thumb sits a la MX518. That way, I can easily roll my thumb up just a tad and onto either of them. It's precise, it's quick, it's perfect for binding reload to and still having a second key free for that games specific extra needs.

I have my mouse sensitivity pretty high, I don't tend to snipe in games, but I find when I do I can still pull of good headshots. I can't say my mouse sensititivity is ever too high for me.

As for the G5's left right mouse wheel binds, from what I've heard those are unrelaible in fast hard gaming, and many people end up totaly unbinding them because they go to change weapons or middle click and end up left or right mouse wheel clicking.

Oh and a £3.99 teflon baking tray is my mousemat. It's got more room then I ever use, it's covered in teflon so it's non-stick, and with some celotape on the bottom of my mouse feet, it feels all smooth like :D

I'm currently using an MX510, but when I need a replacement it's going to be the 518, and I really hope logitech have enough sense to keep the 518 going, or to just keep updating it but keep the basic shape the same as its been since MX500 days. The shape is perfect, the buttons are perfect, and if something isn't broken, do not fix it.

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

am the only one who uses a ball mouse?

evesham.com branded logitech, clicky wheel 3 buttons... aboot 5 years old

mouse pad? not used one for years

*edit* nice play on "of mice and men"

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ball mice are evil. No-one should have to use one. Seriously fev, give a decent logitech mouse a go, it's just a different world.

6. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i used a logitech at uni, made no difference to my gaming or webbing

7. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

@fev: I take my hat off to you. Ball mice drive me mad. I couldn't use one. I even took mine to school before they upgraded to optical. [cringes]

-ed out

8. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

lol that razor is fugly compared to the diamond back. Using an M$ optical mouse blue here :D

9. g-freak

g-freak What's a Dremel?

I can't believe no one caught this but it's not "Razor" it's "Razer"
    [​IMG]

10. fev

fev Industry Fallout

it's a file name... you joined for that?!

HOLY POOP HE'S RIGHT... it's all Razer.. *head hits desk*

11. babychaos

babychaos What's a Dremel?

I've always preferred cordless mice. I just have a knack of getting the cord caught on something at just the wrong time (doesn't help having a messy desk). I'm not good enough at any game for the minute lag to affect me really...

I could have cried when Logitech released this...
    MX610 for lefties

After years of using a vanilla 2-button mouse its a joy finally having a decent contoured mouse for a leftie. I'm a "palm" player too, so its just about perfect for me.

Oh yeah...click wheels are way better than rollie ones...

BC

12. g-freak

g-freak What's a Dremel?

don't hurt yourself now.

The name in big letters in almost all the images and on the bottom of the mouse made me say something.

and yeah I joined for that but it's mostly an excuse.
    I've been lurking for some time now..

and just so this is not totally off topic...

I prefer a wireless mouse for gaming.
    My MX1000 is great and has just the right heft to it.
    Before that I used a MX700 and loved that also.
    I have an MX510 but it's so light that it's hard for me to use for games, it mostly sees laptop duty.

13. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Nice review.

I use a G7, game quite a lot and have never noticed any lag, the batterypack is fantastic but the lack of a back button is a pain. Wireless keyboard are evil though, just horrible for gaming.

I use a logitech trackball for almost everything but FPS and they rock. I dont understand why people give ergnomic keyboards a chance but not trackballs?

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Someone shoulda said this G-freak, or not flamed your first post, but welcome to bit-tech :)

15. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

MS Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard - absolutely love it. Never had any trouble with it.

-ed out

16. LoveJoy

LoveJoy What's a Dremel?

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Nice to see I'm not the only one! I love my Logitech Marble Mice (I have several) and I even pack one with my lappy. Won't use anything else when I can avoid it!

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

trackball hurt my hand... perhaps it's the midget hands

19. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I just love that Razer.

Sexski in white!

20. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I love my Razer Diamond Back and Exectmat[speed] its fast and accurite just how i like it everyone uses it and complains on the speed but i love it *whiz, cursor shoots accross screen*. meh im partally sighted and people complain of the speed lol come on its a gorgous mouse :D

morgan.

Tags: Add Tags