1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

holy ****ing shitting ****ing bollocksing christ.

what a finale!

2. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

They were Portugese, also thats the first scene off the island that wasnt a flashback.

Desmond is still alive as he is a reg from what I read next season. I think the white light was just an EMP and that wouldnt kill him.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

What I mean is how long have the portugese been waiting for the EMA? How long has penelope been searching for him?

4. quack

quack Minimodder

... What MrDT said.

Penny has probably been looking for Desmond for around 2-3 years - he was only supposed to be gone a year.

I find it very interesting that she's a Widmore. The Widmore name has cropped up a few times before. Widmore sponsored (the real) Heny Gale's balloon and the race Desmond entered, had a banner hanging from the Battersea Power Station, and make the pregnancy test Sun used.

Widmore also crops up in Bad Twin

5. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

It wasn't that Alex guinness one "mute witness" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110604/

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wow, wonderful 2 episodes :D
    I assume those Portugese were at the magnetic north/south pole monitoring the earths magnetic filed up/down there. Desmond.. Im not sure if he'll be alive. If Pen is in it next season (a given) then he'll be contracted for flashbacks. Locke and Eko are still alive, the rest of the group will dig them out. I recon they'll take Michael and Walt back again, more, Walt, and probably kill Michael. Walt is too speical to them and they always have a trick up their sleve.
    WTF is up with that foot??

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Is it just me, or did Charlie seem a bit, off? So a bunch of big stuff happened, a giante white light engulfed the island, Charlie comes walking out of the forest partially deaf, and nobody seems to care. Moreover, Charlie sees no reason to tell anybody about what just happened in the hatch. He just seemed like he was in some kind of daze.

The Portugese guys...well, I'm not too concerned with how long they were looking. My question is: How did they know to look for a giant EMP. Desmond runs off to sail around the world in a boat and goes missing. My first thought is not, "Gee, let's look for a giant EMP to find him." I'm thinking Penelope must know about the island.

A lot of connections were made this episode. Libby gave Desmond the boat. The Widmore name everywhere. Desmond meeting the guy from the Dharma initiative, which I believe is the same guy that tought Sayid how to torture.

Oy, I can't wait until next season.

-monkey

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

YES! WTF?!

"Oh, Locke and Eko are still in there, and there's been a big ****ing explosion/EMP and he just sits on the beach and cuddles the blonde!?

When the hell did this happen??

9. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

Didn't Pen say "I have a lot of money...with enough resources and determination, you can find anybody."??

So, Des is missing: she is determined, and has lots of money.

Think about what connections a Widmore daughter could set up if she was determined. Perhaps she would even threaten to disown her father to enlist his connections.

Really quite sure that Desert Storm spook was Desmond's hatch mate

10. quack

quack Minimodder

The guy from the hatch who found Desmond washed up on the beach, Kelvin, is possibly the DIA agent in Iraq who let Sayid go. He used the name Joe Inman there, so it might not be the same person, just the same actor. Brothers? Is one of them a bad Twin? :D

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah, well he did say he had spent 10 years as a spook.

12. quack

quack Minimodder

That he did, I'm inclined to believe they are the one and the same. He might've used a false name while in the DIA.

I'm wondering if the electromagnetic activity in the hatch controls a cloaking device of some sort.

The fake Henry Gale said "God doesn't know how long we've been here. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can."

He certainly alludes to the fact.

It's possible that the Swan station collects electromagnetic energy and stores it like a capacitor. They need to keep the power output regulated, so every 108 minutes the Button needs pushing to discharge a small amount of power.

By not pushing the button the generator started to overload, Desmond caused a massive electromagnetic discharge by triggering the Fail Safe, like a huge EMP, which would've forced anything metallic away from it - like the hatch door.

The EMP may have affected Charlie in some way, or he was just oblivious to it, still affected by the explosion Eko caused earlier.

Any comments?

13. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

if the previous System Failure was/is strong enough to bring down the plane, why didn't anything else around the island get yanked that hard this time around? Cans FELL off shelves on the beach...how far away was the plane when it got yanked out of the sky?

Magnetism follows the inverse square law I believe, so anything further away would get proportionately less pull, and aluminum isn't magnetic, etc. I believe airplanes are more aluminum than iron/steel nowadays.

I think the biosphere/pocket dimension/underground theory may be correct, which is how Pen Widmore can find them. JMO

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The difference between fiddling with electronic equipment and actually bringing a few hundred tonne plane down is rather different. Maybe it dragged it off course, then as it got closer brought it down.

15. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

I think they will go looking for desmond send out planes and helicopters boats etc but the rescue effort will end in disaster or they will never find him/them also I think this was about the best two eps revieling alot of unanswered questions in one swoop

can't wait till season 3 think im going to have to fill my time watching 24 from season one I heard its good and finishing off desprate housewifes anyone know an airdate for season 3?

16. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

I was considering the force exerted at distance to the beach on a can of food (Iron can with low density contents) with that on a much further object with an even lower magnetic permeability since a plane doesn't have that much iron/steel anymore.

I believe the instruments certainly could have been affected, but tearing the tail section off is simply too much IMO.

All very imprecise. :)

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Right. She has a lot of money and is determined, so I'm sure she could find anybody. My question is more along the lines of how she decided that searching for a giant EMP was the way to find him. That seems like a very unlikely method to begin searching for someone assumed to be lost at sea.

Also, if the Giant EMP was the failsafe, that makes it even more unlikely that she would use that search method, because she would be assuming the following at the time of his disappearance:
    1. Desmond will be on the island.
    2. Something will happen (button not pressed, etc).
    3. The failsafe will be triggered.

Which only leads to her having precise knowledge of the island and its inner-workings.

-monkey

18. Dgephri

Dgephri What's a Dremel?

or she used her power to find out and coerce some Hanso or Darma employee to give her "hints"

19. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Maybe, but what would lead her to believe that Hanso/Dharma was involved to begin with? Based on what we saw, her boyfriend went sailing and ended up missing. Based on the information we were given, she is not connected to Dharma; she is just very wealthy/powerful. How would she know to contact Honso/Dharma. Why would she know anything about the island/EMP at all to know to look for it. You see?

I think that she is involved somehow, and this is why she knoew to look for what we assume is an EMP.

-monkey

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think there's a link between her fathers company and Dharma/Hanso. Or maybe her father and Hansos founder are closely linked.