1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

It's not clear that Pen Widmore is even looking for Desmond. For all we know she is only concerned with the Island or even something else.

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I had thought about that. This is all assuming that she's looking for Desmond, which I think is probable given all that dramatic stuff about keeping on when you have someone waiting for you. She very well could be looking for someone/something else. But that just leads me back to the question of how she is involved. I guess that's the cliffhanger for next season.

-monkey

3. quack

quack Minimodder

I believe there are very close connections between Widmore Labs and the Hanso Foundation, and the DHARMA Initiative.

4. apoogod

http://www.widmorelaboratories.com/

5. riggs

riggs ^_^

Hehe, I like the warning at the bottom of the page;
    Caution: This is a real site.
    If this wasn't a real site you couldn't be here.
    This site is also officially unofficial, whatever that means.
    If you don't want your mind expanded beyond 27 diagonal inches,
    you should leave immediately.

[edit]
    There's mention of both 'McMurdo Station' and 'Scott Base' on that site (both are Antarctica research stations).
    Ooh, and something they're calling an "Immaculate Conception Pregnancy Test"

"We have also developed specialty line of grocery
    products specifically designed for research facilities
    and remote locations. We have specially designed
    formulas for both Arctic temperatures and also
    formulas to withstand the heat and humidity of
    tropical locations. They have a long shelf life, even
    after opening, but stay nutritious and tasty."

Last edited: 26 May 2006
  6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I think that site is bogus - it's far too amateur.

And I agree with supermonkey, the link between Penny Widmore and the island is far too ambiguous at the moment to start even guessing as to what is going on there. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

Oh well, roll on series 3!

7. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

i thought the same at first, but did you visit the hanso site before the major overhaul?

8. fev

fev Industry Fallout

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Has anyone bought, Bad Twin?

10. quack

quack Minimodder

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Errr...the EMP killed the planes onboard systems...hence the crash...

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Meh, I didn't think the ending to this season was that good. Some interesting stuff certainly, but not jumping around the room screaming WTF type stuff.

:D

13. Accs

Accs What's a Dremel?

About EMP

If the Explosion was an EMP the boat on wich Michael is leaving would not work, so that is why it couldn't have been an EMP :duh: .

If I'm remembering well there is a part where they say that they flew in the wrong direction for a while, that could happen if the compass was wrong, but i strongly doubt it because the new planes must have a GPS so i don't think the electromagnetism could knock the plane. And depending to the shape of the magnet could affect to the inverse cubic of the distance. :D

14. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Well, assuming that her company and Dharma have close links, she must have known that Desmond has been pulled to the island if it's near his path of sail. She would have been searching for EMF because didn't the ex-prisoner say when walt was leaving on the boat:

"Once you leave you'll never be able to get back here."? Didn't he also say that the island was hidden from God even?

15. apoogod

"The final podcast for the season is up.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/108849.html

LTDA was written four weeks ago, it was filmed with two crews in 17 days and edited with 4 editors. The final shot (the Challah) of Penny picking up the phone was shot five days ago.

The men in the monitoring station are speaking Portugese. One of them was not Matthew Fox in disguise.

The Challah is less defined as last year's, causing you to question what you just saw. Purposely without context.

Season three-we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central isue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important.

The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed.

The foot statue-represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there.

Season three air schedule: premiering 6 episodes late Sept. to Nov. in a mini season with a mini cliffhanger and then taking a 12 week break and returning in February for 17 straight weeks.

ComicCon July San Diego-Damon and Carlton and various cast members will be there. There will be an announcement about the Hanso Foundation there for the Lost Experience.

The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There are more monster stories that they didn't get to in season two. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it.

Why didn't Hurley attack Michael? Legitimate question. The characters had conflicted emotions when they learned what Michael did, but at that time they had no choice but to continue on and defer the emotional reaction to what he did. Character motivation was a casualty of the story that had to be told. Earlier versions dealt with the issue of the team wanting to go back and in the end they had to take it out to keep the story moving forward.

Why did the Others take J/K/S? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes. Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology.

How Locke got in the wheelchair, Kate's Marriage and how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three.

Finally, they said that they will have another podcast with an interview with Harold and MDK in 2 weeks and another one in July for ComicCon."
    ---------------------------

all taken from this site... http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=41390

16. quack

quack Minimodder

Cheers for that. :) Very interesting info!

17. vitation

vitation Banned

lost is f*** up ...I bet the 2nd season will end as the first one -with no end ....this is a soap opera under couver..don`t u people understand this.....

18. Accs

Accs What's a Dremel?

Till september?!?!?! :grr:
    Damn what will I do in all that time cant wait :sigh:

19. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

well, yeah, it did XD

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ever wondered if that's how it keeps people watching? Lots of interest = more money for them.