1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox games get a price cut

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 26 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I played the PC version of fable and I would recommend it to anyone. Dunno bout the XBOX version tho. Still at £10 it's worth a try.

- ed out

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

fable on xbox was better than fable on PC -- but then again is that just fable or fable the lost chapters (they boned that one up on the xbox as it wasnt just an addon, you had to do the ENTIRE game again + the ikkle bit of added content for lost chapters)

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

interesting, now people have a reason to buy a XBOX, cheap good games, now if they would only make it smaller and more portable as the likes of the PStwo it would be a hit.

5. CAL3H

CAL3H What's a Dremel?

Yeah true, had to repair one the other day - the bulk of them is the power supply, DVD and Hard Drive. I'm sure the mainboard could be condensed and throw in a slot load laptop DVD-ROM and 2.5" HDD. They could even use Sony's minimal title marketing - The new Microsoft "X", which would of course be shaped like an 'X' as early 360 predictions suggested.

Whaddya reckon?

I've seen places selling Halo 2 for just under £8 now anyways as its getting on and the game shops generally sell a few titles in the £10-15 region.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I suppose it's very possible to shrink it down, chuck out the power supply like they've done with the slimline and 360, and I think a flappy openy DVD drive like on the slimnline might be better but I suppose a slotloading laptop drive could work, probably couldn't be a regular laptop dirve though.

That just asks the question though, is there any point now? Slimline was released well before pictures of possible PS3 designs were out (same with the PS1). I don't think there would really be any point re-releasing last generation's console as it could take sales away from the 360. I'd rather they expanded the catalogue of backwards compatable games.

7. howzie

howzie What's a Dremel?

The XBOX is selling for £99.99 at Argos with free Halo 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, and steering wheel.

8. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

It was The Lost Chapters and I absolutely loved it. I was GLUED. The only problem is that it was a bit short, but hey, MICROSOFT HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT!

-ed out

9. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

pretty cheap

but how many more copys of really old games are they going to sell ...

10. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

It depends on people's tastes. I personally really liked some of them and I can rarely afford to pay £50 for a game, but with £10 games I mught actually get an XBOX.

- ed out

11. darklord

darklord What's a Dremel?

if you live in the uk yeah right!!!

I have checked out several stores today ( 31/5/06 ) and none have lowered their prices for xbox 1 titles I rekon this is just another marketing ploy by microsoft or is this just not available in Edinburgh??

Tags: Add Tags