1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics [Mx1000] Maybe can help me!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DjLECTRix, 28 May 2006.

1. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

About the MX1000, all year at school mine worked fine anywhere in teh room, but i got home for the summer, and the reciever sitting anywhere but a blue spot on the rug gives hella lag. but as long as i move it away from the interferances (Comp, sub, TV), it works fine.

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Just my wireless router sitting the other side of the room gives enough interference to stop my MX1000 working properly unless the receiver is right next to the mouse mat, so I've gone back to using my wired mouse.
    There doesn't exist an interference free environment in the average household!

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

you must have a weird router.

My mouse works fine from about 4 wireless routers in one room (we were experimenting with ports)

4. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

My mates 3com router does the same to his Microsoft IE2.0 mouse too - It's not just me :).

5. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

Exactly, unless you build a whole new mouse circuit, you will not get faster than my idea.

6. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately, that is completely wrong. The encoding/decoding of the RF transmissions are considerably time consuming (comparatively speaking), making latency *larger* in a wireless mouse, not smaller. In many recent mice this lag is no longer noticeable - but they are indeed slower.

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

It's a hard topic to explain because this is not a valid fact. For example, when you see a lightning bolt, you see the entire arc at once. You do not see the lightning begin at one point and flow to the other point.

Wile the speed of electric charge can be slower than the speed of light under realistic conditions, it is still unimagineaby fast.

BUT here's some optimism for you.

I can see how such a conversion *could* be possible without spending more than a few dollars. BUT it would require quite a bit of effort and a lot of hard work (if at all possible).

My recomendation: Purchase a wired laser mouse. When you want the greater precision, use that one. If you absolutely want the MX1000 body, still buy the wired laser mouse. Gut the laser mouse and mod the MX1000's body such that you can use the other mouse's internal components. If you can, transplant the MX1000 components into the other mouse.

This method shows that it's definitely possible. Sure there's the costless alternative, but it would require MUCH more work if at all possible.

8. MrMacomouto

MrMacomouto What's a Dremel?

Problem being, the average laser mice really just have a red LED in them...

You could do the above tatic but really, unless you have interferance you are just stupid saying you can spot the difference.

9. Stuey

A laser mouse is an optical mouse, but an optical mouse is NOT a laser mouse. If you buy a laser mouse, there is NOT going to be an LED of ANY color in them.

DjLECTRix does not care whether or not he can see the difference; he prefers wired over wireless, and since a wired mouse with the MX1000 ergonomics does not exist, he wants to convert one.

So stop being so pessimistic.

Digital cable and analog cable are NOT the same even though "digital" could be considered a buzzword. They upgraded the cable in my area as well, to digital cable, and I can assure you that there are appreciable improvements.

Proven to be false.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but you're not being too helpful here. DjLECTRix doesn't want to know whether or not you think it's a stupid idea, he wants to know whether or not and how it could be possible.

10. DjLECTRix

DjLECTRix What's a Dremel?

Stuey83 Good u understand me well.... i already think to take my Mx-518 stuff and mod into my cab of my mx-1000 but i dont wanna crap my all stuff for a stupid idea :p i think i will use my Mx-1000 same if is wireless :| for now... i have think an another idea...... its to remplace the FM transmiter with wire. i explain me.

i have the mouse right.
    the reciever? right?

if i can wire my mouse into my reciever maybe more easy ??? any1 have an idea. but not sure if is possible anyway.....

for the wireless stuff is not bad just b'cause is not the same workin' btw the wire and wireless.. and the troubles to put in charge when the battery is down. so a lot of crazy things for no wire. lol

Thanks all so to answer at my problem and for ur all explain :) i apreicate it.!!

11. Stuey

The thing is IF it's even possible to bypass the transmitter and receiver, it's probably going to be pretty difficult.

As for the charging issue, I know some people that charge their MX1000 every few days regardless. Other people have a spare cheapo wired mouse. Personally, I bought a wireless set (KB + mouse) b/c I liked the keyboard style. When my MX1000 needs a charge, I switch to that mouse for the hour or two that the MX takes to charge.

Unfortunately, my level of experience is not high enough to offer further advise. I wish you luck with either a successful conversion, or in finding a decent compromise.

12. MrMacomouto

MrMacomouto What's a Dremel?

Most people get Laser and optical mixed up.

I was never refering to Cable, I prefer real Digital TV to man I was just pointing out the word gets thrown around to much these days...

His best bet would be to do some investigative work, I would suggest that he should leave the RX/TX parts the same, and just modify the mouse so it has a cord that delivers power so he does not have to worry about charging...

If he were to open up the mouse and check out the room in one I am sure he could figure out how to run a wire onto the back of the charging terminals, if he wanted to get really creative he could also take a knife and a steady hand and cut the tracts to the on/off button then re solder them onto the power wires so he could control when the mouseif charing and when it is not, either that or put an in-line switch.

13. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I've never had a single problem with my old MX1000, or my newer G7. I currently have my G7 reciever within 1.5ft of: a cordless 2.4GHz phone, 3 speakers (Logitech Z-5500 front/center channels), a Dell 2005FPW, an Xbox 360, an Xbox 360 power brick, a DSL modem, a D-Link DGL4300 wireless router, and a Dell AIO printer. My mouse is about 2ft from the reciever, with 0 interference, and 0 problems. Note: Some of the items are obviously closer than 1.5ft, some even being mere inches from the reciever, and some are on the border of 1.5ft.

14. Co2

Co2 CadUser

Well there was always the oppertunity to buy a razorback mouse and use the cover of the MX1000 with the filling of the razorback mouse.
    Might be a bit off what you wanted but hey. It works and you have a mouse that moves at 1600dpi or what they called it (correct me if i'm wrong)

15. DjLECTRix

DjLECTRix What's a Dremel?

your idea is good but the problem u see . first the mouse mx-1000 have many functions and can't put another mouse for get any functions of the mx-1000 like the wheel can move at right and left and mouse3.. i think i will save up my mx1000 coredless for now :| i have no choice or good idea. my other solution its to buy an Logitech G5 lazer mouse wire and put it in the case of the mx-1000 but now its a project a little fool.. :p lol expencive just for make a case of mx-1000 and making a wiremouse.

16. Co2

Co2 CadUser

I know but it would work :)

17. shinobi_h2o

shinobi_h2o What's a Dremel?

I simply hate wireless things because of the battery, and the fact that they end up right when you need them most.

I've got an Mx518, and I must say although I'm left handed, it's still pretty comfortable. And it's got 1600dpi with all that 'dpi selection on the fly', all the way from 400 to 1600. And better yet: it's wired.

The guys are right, even if you bypass the 'wifi' thing, you'll still have the encode/decode thing, which seems to be the bottleneck when there is no interference in the equation. Get yourself another mouse, a wired one.
    I guess it's the best option.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2006
  18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You should try an MX1000 - the batteries on mine (18 months of constant use) are still good for at least 2 full days of mousing.

All you have to do is put it on charge when you go to bed/for lunch/for a shower (if you aren't going to bed), then you're sorted. :)

19. shinobi_h2o

shinobi_h2o What's a Dremel?

Nah, I don't mind using wired devices...
    Perhaps I'll get myself a set of wireless keyboard/mouse, but that's just for me to watch movies in the bad or something. A small keyboard with a trackball built-in it would do the job. And if I can choose, I prefer an 'alkaline' version. Hate rechargeable batteries too. They always 'wear out', sooner or later, and not always you can find batteries for replacement. =)