1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PS3 Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by to_fast1, 2 Jun 2006.

1. to_fast1

to_fast1 What's a Dremel?

For those that have not seen it yet

PS3 at Play.com

Look at the price on that :jawdrop:

2. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

The PS3 premium is supposed to retail at £425, so your paying £125 for three games, judging by the x-box 360 games will retail at £50ish, so really not a huge saving, but then I'll never afford £425 for a console anyways :sigh:

Matt

3. to_fast1

to_fast1 What's a Dremel?

If you look in the games section the games are also on pre-order and are going to be priced at £49.99. So you would save £25

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You know, to read that you would never know you were buying a game console. It sounds like an ad for a MCE desktop more than a gaming system, but then maybe it's just me.

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

They refuse to take Pre-Orders here in Anchorage, Alaska after Microsoft's little fiasco with undershipments. Game stores lost business and had alot of complaints filed against them for unmet agreements (Pre-Orders).

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Anyone see play.com's Wii page? Talk about ****ing annoying: you cant turn off the flash and they dont even have a console pre-order :(

7. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

I thought Sony said no to any pre ordering, only buy from release?

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

That's what I thought but apparently some stores are risking Pre-Orders. The local shop here (and it's not very reputable to be honest) are creating a waiting list for PS3's.

9. jakeiswicked

jakeiswicked What's a Dremel?

£550 is absolutely insane money, sure then hardrives good it looks good but not many people would want those exact 3 games. The PS3 will drop around £100 not too many months after release probably, which is really the sweet point to get it (if ever), as for the games £50 is pathetic, just because there on blu-ray disks that cost like 30p more then it costs to make a DVD, there wont neccasarily be more content in games either, just much higher res. textures, and different language support and in one, as well as some other pointless features so the game actually uses a bit of the space

10. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

well i knw i am deffinatly goingfor the wii!
    no way am i gonna pay £550 for a gaming experience that is not half as enjoyable at that!
    and the games are gonna cost less than both the 360 and ps3

11. HollowFrank

HollowFrank What's a Dremel?

When I heard about the price tag I did have a minor stroke. I will be buying one, not sure when, but my ol' PS2 has lasted since it's release but it's feeling it's age. Remember folks, never pay RRP, there will be places out there where you'll be able to pick them up cheaper, patience is your friend.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not always, MS is pretty tight on thier pricing, you have to sell the 360 for X amount, no more and no less, havn't seen 1 shop selling the 360 at a different price.

eBay is the only way to get consoles cheaper really, but at the launch of the PS3 expect prices to be even higher than the RRP as usual.

13. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: indeed, gotta start saving for that, but i might check the price of a Xbox 360 and a HD DVD drive and see it is cheaper... then ill decide...

On other news YaY 200th Post in less than a month! :clap:

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Post whore :p
    Jokes :D

I cannot believe they want that much. I have no clue what that is in US dollars, but it's too much and I am too tired to look uo the conversion tight now. Damn Sony is greedy it look slike...

15. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Shame really!

I will buy it though at some point but that will be post HDTV.

This is one expensive year :eeek:

16. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Bah, I've just realized that my timing couldn't have been worse. I have quite a few friends that work in Best Buy, whom are willing to hold on in the stock for me when shipments come in. But I am moving next month! Just great...hmm...maybe I will still try and get one from here and have it shipped to me nice and wrapped so it isn't stolen while going through the mail system.

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's $599 for the premium US version. They were up in arms about that, thats, what? About the same price the UK plays for a 360 premium. ****ing ROB.

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

lmao noway hoozaaayy

Wii all the way.