1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing over a network? How?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Co2, 27 May 2006.

1. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Then that's it. If you can access via \\pcname, (and you've run the network setup wizard) then you will get a list of shares on that computer from which you can copy as you please.

2. Co2

Co2 CadUser

Nice. But what if it doesn't work. What then? :)
    Sorry if i'm a bit 'annoying' but i've been trying to figure out some while now

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

If the \\pcname doesn't work, try \\IPadress...

If that doesn't work, run the network wizzard, check your firewall, like said in this thread... you must have missed something...

4. Co2

Co2 CadUser

I will try that
    *sigh* WHY ISN'T WINDOWS SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR US MORONS TO KNOW HOW TO DO THINGS? *cries*

5. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick What's a Dremel?

if you're trying to do this between computers at separate houses, you're going to need to open ports in order for it to work, but if your filesharing was not set up right (not requiring passwords, etc) this could very easily get you a virus. getting this to work between two separate houses will be a pain in the arse, you'd be much better off tinkering around with ftp and simple port forwarding

6. Co2

Co2 CadUser

no. no separate houses. He comes with his laptop every friday (beats normal pc) and we try to share files but it isn't set right. Home edition isn't the best that happened under the influence of pc's and billy gator

7. Glider

Glider /dev/null

It isn't a problem with Home edition... Home edition shares files just fine... It's something with you (and your friend's) settings