1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding WMD Part II by G-gnome

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 22 May 2006.

1. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

this case is too crazy.. i dunno what to say. Originally with the ORac, that gave a lot of inspiration because its something you can actually do if you spend like 99999999 hours. However, with this case, it's just out of the question unless you're super skilled and have access to such uber machines. Good job, theres no competetion for this case!

2. Uno1_

Uno1_ What's a Dremel?

I have a hard time beleiving that this concept could be executed any better. It's refined Orac to a whole new level.

I bet some guy at NORAD right now is sitting there saying "Damn. Our WMD's suck ass." :D

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

yeah! and the norad WDM must have cost a few hundred miljon too :duh:

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Yay! WMD is on the Bit Tech Banner!

5. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

OMG Pete ! you give one more time a serious kick into modding'ass with this mod!!!

I know it now : you re coming from outthere :D GG , I can't wait to see next part of it.

6. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

The only thing that concerns me is that is he going to Mod the monitor, keyboard or mouse, i mean, he better spend some cash buying some high quality gear to finsih it off, like a sort of compact keyboard or monitor that a bomb disposal expert would carry and clip into a port on the side and try and shut it off... 24 styley.

Having the high quality peripherals will make it even better and by customising them with a custom paint job and maybe using metal covers for the nice and border of the monitor it would look sweet.

7. magicpixel

magicpixel What's a Dremel?

Ok Pete, Here's a question I've been itching to ask ever since WMD Part 1,...
    First came Orac3, we all thought it was the mod to end all mods, now you bring us the WMD,... What comes next? I mean, words can't discribe the amazing work you've done, and I'm pretty sure you're not going to leave it at that. So please put me out of my missury(sp?) and give me a hint.
    Pretty please :D

P.s. let me repeat myself by saying "words can't discribe the amazing work you've done"

8. Crazyguy

Crazyguy What's a Dremel?

Words cannot express how cool that thing is...

btw: How much does it weight?

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Once WMD Part-III is up (week of the 5th June), I'll continue work on the design for my next case. I don't like to spoil the surprise, so all I'll say is that the project is inspired by historical research I've been doing.;) I always prefer to have a few months solid work done on a mod before putting it up on the net.

I'm starting a 6 month, full-time Engineering course in July. The course is practical and teaches the use of Mills, Lathes (and CNC versions of both), CAD, and other things found in engineering workshops. I hope to use the skills I learn (and the machines I'll have access to) to build the new project.

I show the weighing of the case in the upcoming Part-III. :hip:

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Steam Punk PC, complete with Steam Powered PSU, right? :p

11. Endoxus

Endoxus What's a Dremel?

Great stuff mate. a truly fantastic mod.

Just one thing (quote from the timer page): "The number on the back looked like an NSN - very government."

sorry to say thats a phone number mate. All american numbers are 3digits-3digits-4digits. Also backed up by this: http://electronicsusa.com/contact.html

Great work.

12. Boofster

Boofster What's a Dremel?

If you ever plan on marketing this, please add me to the pre-order list. Please quit your job and start mass producing these! I am sure there are 1000's who would pay good money for it.

13. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Sadly, like the translation of sexy concept car to mass production retail version, this design would have to be simplified to bring time & costs down. Even then, it would likely be seriously low volume and still cost maybe £500-1000 case-only.

Who's gonna pay that??

Tags: Add Tags