1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. Jossie16

Jossie16 What's a Dremel?

Hi, A car adapter will transfor unregulated 12V DC to AC, and then transform it to a regulated 7.5V DC.
    I think you can safely connect your PSU to the Car adapter.

2. glauber.herbert

glauber.herbert What's a Dremel?

I have one question...
    I'm using POWERSTRIP with LCD PSONE , and i would like to know about the resolution..
    It's 640x480 and the Color Quality is 256 Colors??
    There's any way to get HiColor ( 16Bit ) in this LCD??

Thanks a lot!

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The res. (from memory) should be 320x240, and isn't 256 IIRC, I'm sure it can do 16bit.

However that's from memory and it is 3am.... :yawn:

4. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Well, I am about to give up with the "super easy" way of going the S-Video method. I want to do the VGA regardless, but the s-video should just work as I have read all over these forums and others.

I have twin 6800GTs, and neither (not in SLI mode) will put an image on my origional psone lcd. When i use the Force TV option it did indeed pick it up as a 7xx X 5xx monitor, M/NTSC. But all I see is a black display on the LCD. I used a S-Video to RCA adaptor, and then RCA to 3.5mm that came with the cards. I have tried multiple settings and have gotten nowhere with every combination of resolutions or likewise. I threw the composite at my TV and it was able to display just fine, although in black and white instead of color which was odd ( i had color once before with this method). Anyway, I am at a total loss for my problems. I will try to locate another S-video machine I can test with, but so far I have just gotten more and more irritated by this. Any ideas where I can try next?

One more thing, I am only running an LCD as my primary monitor with no true VGA on my system at present. I have read things relating to needing a vga device going in order to drive a psone lcd at first with s-video or vga, is that true?

Im sure it is something stupid that is wrong, but my head is starting to hurt :grr:

Last edited: 8 Jun 2006
  5. enterprise

enterprise What's a Dremel?

i was just wondering i found a used dc 7.5v connecter with the plug to the wall cut off, will it be able to convert the 12v from the comp to the 7.5 i need or will i definately need a car adapter to do the job

CUT OFF BIT -----|BULGED BIT|------ADAPTER TO LCD

6. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

If it plugged into the wall, then it wont hookup to a PSU.

7. enterprise

enterprise What's a Dremel?

cool, thanks for the fast reply, so do i need the official sony one or will any psone car adapter do?

if theres an alternative to the sony one can u please post it

Last edited: 12 Jun 2006
  8. brinx38

brinx38 What's a Dremel?

Or you could make one of these to power the unit for free (Middle Picture)

9. DragonGC

DragonGC What's a Dremel?

does this mod work with a x1900xtx with the dvi adapter or a vaio r505dl without the c-sync mod? thanks!

10. DragonGC

hey i got the eeprom thingy installed, i have a ntsc lcd and used two 47k ohm resistors for it... wasnt' sure if i needed the 10k one...

but ne ways the problem i have... the image on my screen is like stretched vertically 2x or 3x the normal height and looped around. it looks like this:[​IMG]

does anyone know how to resolve this issue? thanks!

11. brinx38

brinx38 What's a Dremel?

Mine initially boots up like that, but as soon as Powerstrip loads, it sorts itself out..
    I am using 2x 47K resistors. I guess it depends on what you write to the EDID.
    I was unable to write anything to my EDID since I pulled the chip from an old monitor..

12. DragonGC

i am using powerstrip and i am able to write to the EEPROM (you should be able too, try shorting the pins like in the guide if it says write protected).

i don't know what to change the edid too, does anyone know what to write to it? and how can i modify the powerstrip settings to get it not stretched vertically? thanks!

if anyone wants to help me on AIM my sn is xDragonGCx. i really want to get this thing working... >.< THANKS EVERYONE

13. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Has anyone managed to get a ps1 screen to work under linux?
    Ive got mandriva 2006 and running kde,
    What setting do i have to use?

14. DragonGC

ok, well i got this working on my desktop (thanks brinx38!), but i cannot get this working the same way on my laptop...

on my desktop, i can set the custom resolution to 640x480i(Arcade) and set the refresh-rate in catalyst control panel to 30, but on my laptop i can't get to the custom resolutions, and i don't have catalyst control panel. any ideas? thanks!

15. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 22 Jun 2006
  16. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

17. KDB9000

KDB9000 What's a Dremel?

I was looking though the post, but I didn't see what I was looking for and I am having trouble thinking on how to search for it. I would like to do a small screen mod like the PSOne LCD mod, but I would like to make it so I can use my main monitor for games and the little one will give me stats (maybe for the game or on the system itself). I am guessing it is a program that will do that, does anyone know of a program that might do that?

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Take a look at ultramon and samurize ;)

19. KDB9000

KDB9000 What's a Dremel?

Thank you. I will look into them

20. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Just as a matter of interest, is there any performance hit from running dual monitors (or monitor+psx lcd)?

-ed out

Tags: Add Tags