1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project Plasma announced

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hydrogen18, 23 Jul 2002.

1. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

Well seeing as my first true case mod is done(well a mod is never done but u get the picture) I figured its time to anounce my next one. I've told a few folks and released some details over time but never really have told it in full. I've spen over 1 and 1/2 months planning it now. Its gone from a simple air cooled rig similiar to linears(non-cubular) to a monster of a water cooled rig with 4 systems inside.

Everything will be constructed of acrylic.

4 motherboards along with 4x of the neccesary others will be in this. Some of the systems will have 2x optical drives.

Each motherboard tray will be on a sliding system similiar to that used on keyboard trays. The HD and PSU will be on this tray also.

There will be a total of 8 5.125 inch bays(no 3.5s as i dont need em...a USB floppy will be substitued when needed). One side will be bolted while there will be small ledges for the drive to rest on on the other side. Since the cage will be a 2x4 design 4 will bolt on the left and and 4 will bolt on the right. Extra long IDE cables will be used to insure there is no problems when the mobo tray is puled out.

Each psu, cpu, gpu, vid ram, sys ram, and northbridge will be water cooled. The radiator and reservoir will be custom designed to be under my futon(wide but not very tall). There will be 6 bilge pumps(cartridge style I want to be able to replace them instantly). Each one will feed into a unique 4 way splitter. Then each of those will be fed to one of the of the four psus or whatever. As you can see 6x4 will accommodate for all the watercooled devices.

The final dimensions are not done yet nor the mobos specs. Ill be posting more here as this project develops. As you can see this will be no small task. Im saving money for this as of now. Total construction time should be right under a year. Please give me ure thoughts on this.

2. G8way

G8way What's a Dremel?

Wow, that's going to take a very long time, but I can't wait to see it. Q: What are you going to do with 4 motherboards in the same case? Are you trying to construct a fully encased cluster or something?

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

hydrogen18 has been outsourced to help render the next Lord of the Rings movie... my guess... very ambitious... some design layouts would be good. This idea is so large it is hard to picture in my mind... how are you going to handle the water cooling tubing on the pull out drawers for example... let us know if you need anything.

4. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

damn this sounds like a beast, lol, i'm planning me new comp too, but it aint gonna be like that, details to come soon :D

5. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

the tray will have vertical piece of acrylic that face outward(A hole in the main case will allow this to be accessed from the outside). The hoses from the exeternal radiator/reservoir unit will connect to this vertical piece of acrylic with double sided hasps that allows for the sliding out of the tray with no worries.as for what i need money. Well actually if u can me some good deals on acrylic or copper(for the blocks) I'd love it. A used p4 1.6a would be ideal as all i need is the chip no HSF or anything since ill be building my own.