1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Europe Strikes Back at iTunes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 Jun 2006.

1. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I think we need to look at the problem from a different perspective: iPod and iTunes are symbiotic in driving each other's sales up. If someone buys an iPod, they'll use iTunes because it's a good service, however, if and when the iPod breaks they have to buy another iPod unless they want to loose all the music they purchased from iTunes. While it's a brilliant strategy, it forces a market monopoly which is no good for the consumer. For example, say, in ten years' time Apple strengthens their monopoly - everyone uses iPod X and iTunes. Apple can (and probably will) release poor, overpriced products ( ahem-sony-ahem) because it knows that people will buy it as they have no other choice. It's either that or loose 10 years worth of music money.

-ed out

2. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

I have one DRM song on my ipod only becuse i couldnt find it anywhere but Itunes. 37.5 gigs of no DRM music.

3. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

i hope the EU wins as DRM needs to stop - all it protects is big companies agains other big companies not pirates and scews the consumer.
    Apple need a kick in the teeth for supporting the pigopolist RIAA (99% of the money goes to leeches - oh sorry lawyers).

4. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

Hit the nail on the head. I still think Apple won't open up their drm because it'll hurt their business. They might as well just withdraw from selling their ipods.

Tags: Add Tags