1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

by the left , quick glance!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mother-Goose, 14 Jun 2006.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

i've been using extended desktops for a while now, 19" as a main and 15" as the second. The second always used to be on the left but due to a change of furniture in the room the second now has to go on the left.

my question is this:

can you change the side that the monitor extends on to from right to left? its just a bit weird moving the mouse to the right and looking to the left.

cheers :D

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

In windows? Go to display properties and then move the monitors around in the window.

That's about it TBH.

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

As above, that realy is the easiest way, you can also click "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" for the other one. :worried:

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

You have to muck around for it to actually show that.
    Originally mine only let me have two, using the nvidia display manager thingy (windows wasn't showing more than one monitor in the display properties.)

I use a program (you can use the free version and just uninstal it after you've installed it since it fixes this little problem.) I just don't remember what its called :/

5. Mother-Goose

cool, i will have a fiddle with that, i got it to kinda work, it just spanked my icons around lol cheers fella's

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The program Pygobombe may be referring to is Multimon or Ultramon.

The ATi software CCC makes this whole system easy as pie, just set your primary and secondary then windows treats in as one MAHUSIVE display. Great for gaming ;)

7. Mother-Goose

if they were the same size :p

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Have you looked in the ATi CCC?

It has 3 different modes, the one I was talking about is horizontal stretch.

9. Mother-Goose

ah cool, i'll have a look in it then :D (that would be a yes to have ccc then lol)

10. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Yes, it was Ultramon. Works wonders. All you need to do is install the demo. and uninstall once its set how you like. Of course it won't keep all the settings. Just mainly make the display properties work.

11. LogicalJester

LogicalJester What's a Dremel?

Perhaps a little pedantic, but not much change then?

As stated above, just right click on desktop, select properties and settings - in the top half of the window you should see a representation of two monitors. One is labelled "1" and the other "2". Just grab the one on the left and drag it over to the other side.

12. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

He already said that he doesn't have two, only one. There is supposedly some registry fix to make it show two. (or the lazy way to install ultramon)