1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Hellgate Lian-Li

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Fozzy, 15 Jun 2006.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone! You may recognize me from my mod: Diablo. If you've viewed my log you've seen what I can do in terms of Etching as well as what I can do with Plexiglass. My new mod will be all for the new game Hellgate: London but seeing as I will be useing a Lian-Li V-series case the name will be changed ever so slightly.

Components:
    Dual Watercooling loops for Videocard (pelt cooled) and Cpu (pelt cooled)
    Dual mcp350's and dual Stealth GT 360's as well as dual Fass-o-matics

Case:
    Lian-Li V1200b or V2000b (Help me out on this one)

Etching:
    Large logo on the left side, undecided on right side, undecided on front/top.

Plexi:
    I have a sheet of thick clear plexi but I may want to use red. I'm not sure. It depends on whether or not I can get it.

Tubeing:
    Will start as clear but maybe end up in uv red. This depends on the the dye and whether or not I can find a deal on it

Cableing:
    I want to do black with guitar jacks and I want to close off the CD/Drive bay to hide the Drives as well as creat a wireing box for all my cableing.

Lighting:
    I want it to be subtle so I want to use only lighting from case fans. If it's not enough I'll add a few led's but with 9x120mm fans I think i'll be fine.

PSU's:
    If I get the V2000b I'll run dual psu's (1 for the system and 1 for pelts/pumps) If I get the v1200 I'll run a single psu and a dedicated psu for pelts only.

Window:
    Will be two sections dividing the case. The bottom section will have a plexiglass frame and modders mesh instead of a window to allow intake for radiator cooling and the top will be all plexi with the possibility of etching (Windows will be clear and the frames will either be uv red or frosted plexi)

That should be it. I'll get some artwork/designs up later of what I plan to do. What I need from you guys is opinions on what case you think I should use and what things you'd like to see.

This next week I'll be looking for sponsers. I have a feeling I wont get any but it never hurts to ask. If you'd like to help me out give me a holler. This case will be finished before August 19th at which time I will be leaving for college.

2. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

3. Stubkier

Stubkier What's a Dremel?

Hi

Have just spend my money on the V1200 and it is a great case, with all the room that i need for my modd.

But i do not think you can fit two 3*120mm radiators in it. But you can have one 2*120mm and a 3*120mm radiator.

So you migth be better of with the v2000

4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Knock out the two bottom HD cages and you should be able too.

Small update:
    I may have someone interested in being a sponser. He'll be getting back to me tomorrow.

5. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Just did some calculations.
    BIS (Black Ice Stealth) 360= 15.5inches long
    Case= 24.6inches long

I know my psu is about 6 inches long so that leaves 3 inches for the front bezel+the fan. It'll be tight but it should work. If not then out with the dremmel

Note: The V1200 and the V2000 are the same depth but different hieghts. The V2000 is about 6 inches taller I believe. I've emailed the Lian-Li dealership and I know it's a long-shot but I'm trying to get either one of the cases for free.

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Fozzy - 530 posts, and you still hotlink images?
    Against the rules, go host them yourself.

7. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

haha I know I'mn lazy. I'll host em up tomorrow

8. gideon

gideon What's a Dremel?

I hope you dont live at your parents because the are not going to like all the watts of pelt cooling :D

9. Stubkier

Okay migth just ruin your day a bit ;) take a look at this picture:

[​IMG]

The radiator in the photo is a 2*120 mm Asetek radiator. As you can se it is snug fit, and there is not to much room left for one more 120mm fan + a PSU.

Best regards Stubkier

10. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Nah that doesnt ruin my day that much. the 360 is more for show than performance. I'll only be running a single card solution anyways (Cant afford SLI) but I'll be getting the case first anyways which will give me a chance to measure and see how much I can shave off. I have a short PSU too.

11. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Haha yup and college next year hahaha. I DONT HAVE TO PAY!!!!

(I shut my computer down when i'm not useing it)

12. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know the exact inside dimensions of their lian-li v2000 or v1200? Just from where the front fan mounts (Measure from the metal not the fan.) to where the PSU mounts.

13. Stubkier

Hi i am not home at the moment, but i will be tomorrow, and then I can post the data that you need.

But the length you want is from the metal bracket holding the fan to the end of the case?

Stubkier

14. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Right. Because i wont necesarrily need that fan so if it's in the way it'll have to leave. I've kinda already thought up an idea to fix the problem though but i would like to know whether or not I even have one.

15. Stubkier

Hello agian

I am now home, and the length you are asking for is 55 cm. So there should be room for a 3*120 :)

Best regards Stubkier

16. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Thx bro. Looks like my dad's gonna buy be the case so I may have it b next monday.

17. LCHolmes

LCHolmes What's a Dremel?

i'm currently building something kind of like this, i have a v2000 and i have managed to fit 2x black ice 360 gt's xflows 2x d5's 2x xspc radiator res things :worried: cant remeber what they are called a 1000w psu 6x120mm fans a whole bunch of wiring tubing and general stuff all in the bottom compartment with no problem at all, i got a 19" 4u perforated rack panel chopped out the base and put that in the grill on the bottom of the v's is a bit lame i'll post you some pics up, its all about forward thinking and careful planning :)