1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Sho Stopper - a few hardware changes...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [ShoNuff], 3 Jun 2005.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

well crucial ballistix imo aint that good

i got my ocz bh5 running at 240 2-2-2-6 as we speak, i normally have it running @ 250 2-2-2-5, but backed down due to the fact thats withotu a fan over the BH5....

those black blocks look the sex!

2. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

My BallistiX don't like 2.5 anything. I do wonder if 2.5-4-4-10 is faster than 3-3-3-7?

I was able to push my ram to 280X10. I think those micron IC's are good stuff. With a different proc I may be able to push it further.

I bet Bridgwater UK would be much more interesting. :D

Me too. :eeek: CWC has had my panel since 11/2/05. I've been in contact with Chris and he is no longer water jet cutting. He did promise to complete my project. I just hope he gets it done soon. I'll post an image of what I had in mind for him to cut later in the week.

@Frodo...like the new Avatar Bro.

Now I cay say that I am officially done upgrading...at least for the next six months. :naughty: This project is my "Ulitimate Gaming Machine" and while it has taken a lot longer than expected I am happy with the way things are turning out. Now all I need it my side panel and twinplex pro sli northbridge block. The end of this project is near...very near.

3. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Rough Draft

Here is a rough draft of the image that is going to be cut into the side panel. The quality of the image is low...very low. The actual document shows how detailed the work is going to be. The vertical lines at the bottom are actually not vertical but will be cut in such a way that they look like they are rotating.

The lion will be backlit with a UV blue light. The slits on both panels (i.e., left and right) will also glow blue.

Here is the image:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Feb 2006
  4. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Looks nice! When do we see the real pics?

5. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

[Shock paddies] CLEEEEEEEEAR! [/Shock Paddies]

Please bring this the log back to life!

-Fr4nk

6. ice-tea

ice-tea Mr.PC-Max

7. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

:hehe: Good one Fr4nk!

This project is dead. Remember I said I was waiting on my panels to be cut by CWC? Well, they cut em' and they made a mistake rendering the panels useless. As a result I got something new. :)

Here is a preview of things to come...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In short, this new rig is going to be a "big bore" 1/2"ID tubing job with dual Laing DDC Ultra's in series and YES...I am going to use my silver Cuplex XT. I have a special mod I am working on for it now.

As a side note if you read the systemcooling.com review with respect to the Cuplex XT you will have noticed how the block is really no more or less restrictive than the best impingement style waterblocks on the market. Using 3/8"ID tubing and my Innovatek flow meter I tested the impact of having the Cuplex XT in my loop. I found that the flow decreased by only 29% when using the Cuplex XT. I imagine it will be even less when I adapt this block to receive 1/2" ID barbs.

[​IMG]

I shared that just to say I think the Cuplex XT is an awesome cpu block. :thumb:

Anyway, I gotta lot of good stuff going into this next project. Stay tuned...

8. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

9. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

how did they cut the panels wrong?

wanna give them to me

10. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

They cut the designs backwards. The design on the left panel was cut on the right panel and vice versa. I sent them the old case and they sent me a new one. So, I'm selling that too. :)

11. Snellejos

Snellejos What's a Dremel?

Great worklogs, you surrely have the skills, but they stop everytime you're about to get busy! This new, third, project.... are you gonna sell this one too before it's complete? Too bad! :waah:

12. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Glad to see ya back at work Sho. The MountainMods cases look to be very-nice. They are said to have a "first class" powdercoat finish..
    Looking forward to what you do with/to it..

13. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Yay, it's not dead, well sorta. Bummer about the V2000 panels but that new case looks cool.

-Fr4nk

14. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Any chance of pictures of the cut outs anyway? I was looking forward to seeing the optical illusion you were describing/illustrating with that lo-res pic.

15. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Looks alot like my Shuttle XPC front :p'
    [​IMG]
    A little schratchy tought but it will be painted black and the plastic frame will be white :)

16. ps90000

ps90000 What's a Dremel?

This is one bitchin' case, definetly stayin' tuned. Keep up the good work!

17. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Thanks all for the kind words folks. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the old case. I was really bumed out when I got the panels back as they represented my final piece of work to the project. I was then going to start over with the new V2000 and then I thought I will do something new with a new case.

This thread is really old so I'll have to share my work in a new space once I am ready to get started.

@JAxen your work is incredible! Nice, very nice. :thumb: I wish I had the skills to do that free hand. Do you have any more pics of the case. A worklog perhaps?

18. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

[ShoNuff] Actually I have no worklog :( And the case isnt finished right now.. I will probebly post finished pics tought I recently got the camera..
    And thank you for the kind words =)

Good luck with your case and dont forget to keep us posted :)