1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with new computer

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by rockstar, 29 Jun 2006.

1. rockstar

rockstar What's a Dremel?

Hi today a bought the last part for my new computer so i decide finally to build it.Everything was going ok when i turn it on the picture of the manufacturer show a every computer,I was very happy because this was the first computer which i build but when came the part where Windows XP have to charge a strange inscription shown.It says:
    Scanning IDE devices..........No drives attached to FastTask Kontroller,The Bios is not installed.

The motherboard I use is ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe.If anyone can tell
    me how to solve the problem will make me very happy because i spend hours after hours with this problem but I couldn't solve it. :waah:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Thats for the Fastrak RAID, its a seperate IDE port to the standard ones.

DOn't worry about it.

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If you haven't got a RAID array set up, or have no wish to use one, then I'd go into your BIOS and disable the RAID controller. That way it will not pop up at startup. It will do absilutely no harm if you leave it tho.. it just may take a second or two longer to boot.

Don't worry.

4. rockstar

I forgot ot tell you also that when this shows up:Scanning IDE devices..........No drives attached to FastTask Kontroller,The Bios is not installed. the computer restart.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The computer shouldn't restart. That is showing a problem.

Try what pookeyhead says and disable the FASTRACK RAID (may be labelled as PROMISE)

6. GMan

GMan Minimodder

You should also ensure your drives are connected to the standard IDE connectors and not the RAID ones, unless you are setting up a RAID array. Check your manual - it'll specify which connectors are which.

7. Pookeyhead

make sure your IDE drives are not connected to the RAID controller by connecting them to the PRI_IDE or SEC_IDE like this.....

[​IMG]

Then go into your BIOS (hit the "Del" key while booting) and then Disable teh promise RAID controller like this.....

[​IMG]

Those are actual pages from your manual.

Let us know how you get on.

8. rockstar

Thanks to all of you and especially to Pookeyhead whit the guide I fix the problem.

9. Pookeyhead

You're welcome. All working now?

10. rockstar

For now everything is ok.The last thing I must do is to install Windows but i think there will be no problems(I hope so)