1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Not it!' More schools ban games at recess

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 27 Jun 2006.

1. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Now what would be the selfish reason for having children exactly?...(celebritys dont count)
    I see what you mean about....well white trash like that as i know one or two familys like that but its not being selfish its just...being cheap and lazy. (too cheap to buy a condom and to lazy to work for the money to buy one)

I could see about the star wars thing....you could just be playing around BZZD BZZD....*slices off arm* AHHHHHHHHHHH (try explaining that to his mom) but on the bright side it wouldnt bleed as it would sear the flesh and such

2. Al Terego

Al Terego What's a Dremel?

Yeh..but we stopped using real light sabers..after the incident with poor johnny..buy anywho..we then played pokémon..think we got told to stop playing that too..cuz we would pretend to be the pokémon..and attack eachother..

3. Stwongbad

you would....shoot eachother with lazerbolts and blow flames from your mouth?....for play?

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Let me cite a couple of examples of having children for what I feel are selfish reasons that I've seen...

One is to avoid getting thrown off welfare. I know and have met a number of women who get pregnant every few years because otherwise their benefits would run out and they would have to find a job. I'm not generalizing on this, just saying I've seen it happen.

Or, a varient on that, bigger family means more welfare dollars. Have enough kids and you never have to work.

Another is as a status item. They feel that they haven't achieved some certain status in life if they don't have children.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I'm not saying that having children for selfish reasons is common, just that it does happen and that it is better to not have kids than to have kids you don't really want just to make your own life better.

5. Stwongbad

good points but like you said it isnt common so i doubt it'd be reason enough to make an organazation?

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The reason for the organization is to network with other who feel the same way and to express our views to the world. Most people who either don't have or want children, or who feel that the world would be better off without people have also felt like they were the only person on the planet that felt that way at some point. Well, they're not and shouldn't have to feel like they are just because of what they believe.

7. koola

koola Minimodder

meh, this is all down to the suing culture that's been growing rapidly here in the UK. Schools, Councils, anyone is scared of doing things for risk of being sued. You just have to watch lunchtime TV to see ad after ad for no-win, no-fee companies that will sue whoever on your behalf.

Damn you labour!

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

for me a full home is a happy home, i like humans, if they are normal na kind. :D

9. Stwongbad

so true koola I remember earlier in my childhood it was a threat that you'd sue somone "oh my gosh im going to sue you!", people have to sue for everything also because you cant count on peoples kindness for something so you have to take it from them. Car accidents for example?

Good words dxr :D As long as people are kind and friendly (children included) I say let them breed!