1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Far Cry, Completed (sort of) 12th July

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Zero_Limits, 18 Apr 2006.

1. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'm enjoying this one too. Keep up the good work.

2. Liquid

Liquid What's a Dremel?

awsome work hand... keep going :dremel: :rock:

3. DeicemanBG

DeicemanBG What's a Dremel?

Keep up the good work :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: I love thise case its brilliant :D

4. DeicemanBG

BTW when are you going to make an update? :naughty:

5. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the comments. Updates coming soon. Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of pics of the last bits of construction as I was in a rush to get it done for the event. I ended up arriving about a day late after finally “finishing” it. It wasn’t really 100% done as there were some things with the paint work that I would have liked to do but it was still good enough to get me first place :D for that I got myself a Silverstone TJ07 case (look out for a project log soon) and a pretty shiny medal. I need sleep bad now so update will come in the next day or so, haven’t had a whole week of 5am bed times and 8-9am getting up trying to get this thing done so I’m a little stuffed :p

Thanks all

Zero_Limits

6. DeicemanBG

Congratulations for the first place :D :rock: :rock: :thumb: Can you show us the medal and the prize pls :naughty:

7. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

Well done on that first place :thumb: Glad to see this is still going!!!

8. strikefighter2

strikefighter2 What's a Dremel?

yea congrats. it looks nice.

9. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

Unfortunately there weren’t enough pics on the camera of the final days to construction to make any sort of decent update so I will just post some pics of the completed case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me with the Farcry case, my prize the Silverstone TJ07, its massive box and my pretty medal.

[​IMG]

Time for all the thanks and things…

Thanks to all that commented as the project log progressed, your comments were greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading some one my next project. I also have to thank my big brother who helped out with the painting of the rocks when I was running out of time near the end and also let me borrow some money for my replacement pump. Thanks to the xLAN crew for the great event (Hopefully there is another next year). Thanks to my mum for putting up with me being out in the garage to all hours of the night. A big thank you to the kind people at Playtech who were major sponsors at xLAN and had a replacement pump available when the one I had for the water feature crapped its self 5am in the morning just before leaving for xLAN

At this point I have spent too much time and money on this case so I think I might just leave it as is and be proud of its achievement of first place at xLAN. I am not 100% happy with it because as I said there are a few things I would have liked to do and a few things I could have done better if I wasn’t in a rush. It’s now time to move on to the next project… Project - TJ07 *insert name here* That will be a little way off as I have to save some money. I might look for some sponsors for the next project now that I have a few reasonably successful mods under my belt .

That’s all for now. Look out for my next project in a few months :D

10. Al_Cap0wnage

Al_Cap0wnage What's a Dremel?

Very nice! Cant wait for your next one :D

11. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Great case, great mod.... Amazing quality all the way through...

12. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

Wow!!! It looks great - can't wait till the next one!! :D

13. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

Fantastic work[​IMG] waiting for the next step :D

14. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Looks sweet and congratulations on winning.

Do you have any pics of the case with the water running?

15. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Looks great. Well done.

16. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments and kind words :D Just thought I would put a couple of pics that were taken by the xLAN crew at the event.

[​IMG]

In this pic you might just be able to see the water running down the front of the case. You can also see the case that won second place next to mine, the letter box one.

[​IMG]

This is just me getting my mega cool TJ07 from the event organizers Tmdude and Dee-Zilla, a big thanks to them for organizing such a great event. Hopefully they do the same next year.

[​IMG]

Just for fun here is a pic of what comes up on my screen when I turn my PC on now.

[​IMG]

RIP 6800GT :(

Will still try get a vid up of the water feature running. Might be a little while though.

Again thanks for all the comments :)

17. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Hmmmm congrats on the medal...but I just dont see what you were going for here..

Apple-like white and clean....mixed with miniture outside scene...that features a waterfall ....I guess stickin with one of the two themes who have made it a more coherent project...but hey your the one winning medals not me :)

18. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

Thanks for the comment.

I may not have explained it very well in my previous posts but the shiny white paint job is not the final look I was actually after. It was just something I did because I was running out of time. I actually wanted to add some detail to the front DVD driver area to make it look like one of the doors from the game and I also wanted to paint a palm tree or something onto the front where the water runs down. I do see what you mean about the two sort of different themes and like I said it wasn’t how I intended it to be. One day I might get round to finishing it properly.

19. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Hey thanks for not getting defensive :)

that makes a lot more sense now! I think its a great idea to start and I think the entire case should be a scene out of farcry....you could get tons of props from wal-mart's toy section and their knock-off GI-Joes would be great for items like "dropped" guns etc..

its a great start you got there...don't let it go to waste :)