1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Supergirl Linux Box (June, 2006)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Shannon, 27 Jun 2006.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

its amazing... this thread has racked up 7 pages in less time than every other log in this forum...

I wonder why? Do any of you horny nerds know? I can't figure it out? Oh hang on.... nope i lost it... oh wait... nope.... OH I KNOW... there is a girl posting picures!!

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Well spotted will. I think its also a good beginners kinda guide, it should help anyone that wants to get started with modding in a simple way and also into Linux. It's more a progress log then project log from start of little knowledge to going into learning new things.

ANything that helps to get more people onto Linux is a +10 in my good.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you should now get your dad or boyfriend? to do a superman case blue, red and yellow! yey! bring back the Y fronts!!! lol!

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

hehe, that would be pretty cool actually. paint it blue and then just put some big red dad pants on it. ooo, i know where the power button could be!

5. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

May I suggest that you glue a pink cotton fluff ball thingy on to the power button after painting it pink? :)

6. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

do it with her -

7. customh

customh conflagration.

Wonderful mod, the paintjob is good, dont mind roto, he's just picky :lol: . I think the silver buttons are a good accent, and nice desktop. Great job!!!

8. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

BTW, is that a Q-TEC case?

9. Shannon

Shannon What's a Dremel?

I'm glad you like it. If they were silver, I would agree, but they're actually a sort of teal color. So I would rather them match, but I wasn't sure about how to do it.

I spent yesterday playing with Kubuntu and reading through the docs, and I finally figured out how to give myself permission to change some things that I needed and was able to install Automatix, which someone on another forum suggested. So I got all the Firefox plugins that I need like flash, and a few other things.

My next goal is to install Hamchi, I have it running on all my Windows machines and I'm devoted to VPN, then to get the sound to work, then to figure out how to fix the mouse problem with my KVM switch.

But for now I'm going over to the parents' house to make some red and blue Jello.

10. Shannon

Shannon What's a Dremel?

I don't know, it was a hand-me-down case.

11. customh

customh conflagration.

I see what you mean on the power buttons....I think the light pink would accent it well like the cd drive does, do that!

12. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Yeah, is this some sort of social experiment? Roto's not having any of it ;)

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Looks quite good actually, maybe I should get a pink case...

Now you should watercool it with pink tubes and a pink res.

14. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

<linux zealotry>
    exxxxcelllent, another convert. ubuntu is a fine choice for your first linux install. its linux, but with a lot of the rough edges filed off :)

if you are absolutely new to linux, might i reccomend the following as some good reading material?

Unix and Internet Fundamentals-HOWTO/. i'm sure it will go over some stuff you allready know, but it is a very good introduction into some of the important concepts of linux, a lot of windows users find it a usefull read when first switching over.

there is also The Linux Documentation Project, which whilst it might seem a little advanced at first, will soon become a valuable resource for well written information.

i shall probably get spanked for posting another forum, but in general, if The bit-tech.net linux forum cant help you (which it usally can, its really quite nice in there), then linuxquestions.org is a forum i regularly visit, stuffed to the gills with handy linuxy information and really an excellent place to go if you get stuck (obviously, second only to bit-tech's linuxy forum ;) )
    </linux zealotry>

oh, and nice pink case too. just a random though, but windows's colour is blue by default.... maybe if you wanted to do another mod, you could have your pink superlinux box, and next to it, a blue superwindows box, like super-man and super-girl?

oh, and if you use masks like that again, ask around to see if anyone has some 'spray-mount', i'm not sure what its called in the US. basicly, its glue in a can, but its low-tack, so you could spray the back of your stencil, stick it to your pc, then when you are done painting, the stencil just peels off (without having to wash all thr glue off too). its really quite good, you could even use it for your scrapbooking as it will stick for as long as you need it to, forever if needs be. (i think i saw you mention that too).

15. Shannon

Shannon What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the great links. I'm convinced that you can learn anything if you find the right forum.

I am glad you like my pink supergirl case. I like the idea of a superman case in traditional colors too, and nice idea of using it for the windows box. I might consider that on my next build. I think I know what you mean about the "spray-mount". I was thinking about that like post-it sort of glue for the masks which would probably work similarly for that use, but I already had the plain gluestick, and I don't know if you noticed but I used all things I already had, so for that purpose it worked great. I will look for some other adhesive the next time around probably. The masking method worked really well for me.

16. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Wow great job, i would suggest for a step 2 mod to replace the "S" with aluminium or brass "3d" versions.

17. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

NIce work shannon, first time ive seen a girl who knows more about comps than that they can use aim on it. I agree with AJB2K3, you should make the s 3d, that would look alot "prettier."

18. customh

customh conflagration.

Hey, an aluminum S as the power button would be sweet, know anyone with a CNC?

19. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

getting someone to make the S with CNC-machine is kinda overkill keeping in mind this has so far been quite low-budget mod.. I think the pink is just fine and aluminum-thingy would change the whole theme.

20. customh

customh conflagration.

True story, i think i agree with you, light pink power button F T W !!