1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New X-Fi drivers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 4 Jul 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

this is very odd, I have an elite pro and I've not heard of half of these problems let alone experience them. :confused:

3. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Creative said that the crackling happened if you managed to use all the bandwidth on the pci bus so the xfi didn't have enough bandwidth. If the xfi is your only pci device your unlikly to suffer crackeling.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Downloading now...

I get crackling on my sound when I close or monimize a program with the music playing. Not the end of the world, but annoying at times.

Does anyone else think that 42 MB is a bit hefty for a driver?

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think that these drivers may have a firmware flash in them. They are also probably replacing a LOT of standard windows PCI bus files to allow for the bandwidth.

6. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

i get cracling in the loading screen music for BF2, and Quake 4 sound freaks the hell out. doom 3 i dont think ive played since i got my X-Fi Fatal1ty. i think i got it like two months after it came out. the issues started ocurring with the last update.

7. d3fiant

d3fiant What's a Dremel?

Ive been using the beta of this driver for a while now (a month or 2) and play a fair amount of BF2. The new ultra high quality mode isnt all that diff to high quality on a set of decent headphones (using cmss 3d) and due to no other PCI devices I dont suffer from crackling but I have found these new drivers more stable in instances where I have switched modes and crystalizer seems to have more of an effect.

8. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I have two of these and only one of them has this crackling sound but only on one or two occasions every few days, this happens on my main rig, and looks like this driver HAS sorted out and over the past hour or two there have been no crashes so far and the sound seems crisp and of a better quality...
    Must be die to the specifically designed drivers and bus files that re taylored to suit it...
    Here's hoping that the drivers are the ansew...

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Sorry, but this is news? Let me know when there's an update for my sound card too. It's more useful than an X-fi any day.

10. d3fiant

d3fiant What's a Dremel?

constructive!!!

11. fev

fev Industry Fallout

so's a one word response, lets keep back on track children.
    Jaysus I'm talking sense

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Didn't fix my problems, but they were fairly minor to begin with. Maybe next time around...

13. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Well, downloaded and it tells me I don't have an X-Fi installed.... well, what's the big box with all the knobs and 'X-Fi Pro Elite' written on it all about then!

Turns out shouting and pointing the webcamera at the PCI cards doesn't help...

14. Matkubicki

Matkubicki What's a Dremel?

:hehe: lol, never in a million years had i thought of pointing the webcam at things, i'm so going to try that next time i get a problem!

15. 2800@2.5ghz

2800@2.5ghz What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the world of ****** creative software. I bloody hate creative, what a useless bunch of idiots.

its a shame i really like my X-fi :p

Tags: Add Tags