1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Ice - Finished.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Guest-23315, 16 Apr 2006.

1. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

Dragons are great cases, the hold up very well.

Good luck in the mod

2. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Nice.

Yes the rail system is genious.

I'm not shure if you have seen my Chieftec mod the black pearl (sigature), but take a look and you might get som inspiration ;)

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

yeah, im a member of Coolercases forums aswell....

Picceys are uploading as we speak...

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Today, i finally found the drive-rails for the case, and when it came to test fitting the drives, i was very suprised how good they were, all it needed was a quick squeeze on the metal progs, and out they came.. to be honest, i love this case, and would reccomend it to anyone. Its about £40, but has no fans, removable mobo-tray and is made of steel, but its the perfect size and has features....

well, i decided in a moment of madness that i needed to use a second FC, so i whipped out my Zalman FC from its box and shoved it in...

[​IMG]

The 4 dials will be for the push / pull fans and i will try and get the 5V / OFF / 12 V switches for the Cold Cathode power things... ( i hope!¬!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its quite small, this case, and eventually, the PSU will be a OCZ 600W new thing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the driverails still need painting, but im not sure f it would look better..

opinions?

[​IMG]

Now, back to BF2

AJ.

5. strikefighter2

strikefighter2 What's a Dremel?

it looks nice. can't wait to te more of it. (bf2 rulez the word)

6. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

Lol, bf2 is good!

7. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Nice nice, looks like a good paint job, but It would look better if you paint the Fan controlers too ;)

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

well, its raining, so i cant do any painting, and also, my Dremel has given up the ghost, so i'll need a new one,,,,

9. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Is that the G36C spec ops?

Pro tip: Set your crosshair to a color that's not in the game, something very bright, somewhat dark, and you can see over anything and not have it dissapear into the sky, or the ground. Pink works best.

10. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Woohoo! BF2! Gg!

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

what colour is it now? i have no idea cos. im fully colour blind...

G36C or MG36 are by favorite guns...

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

well, after some 200 grit quickly and one layer of primer and a bit more 600 Grit this is were we are upto..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please dont take the rip out of my fake leopard skin cushion, my mum made it for me...

now, back to my current life...

[​IMG]

(ooohh love my viewsonic moniter....)

13. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

Its coming along great!!!!! I get CustomPC aswell - great magazine :D

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Frount Bezel Update......

her it is after the first layer of primer as above, then one layer of paint and some 1200 grit paper, then another layer, its alot nicer and more shiney than it looks, and im realy pleased as this is my first go with painting a case....

welll, i'll let the picceys talk....:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now for all you people who like to take the p*ss, here is another object from my room...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a long coushin (i think thats how to spell it..) that looks like a cat..

15. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

AJ where did u get ur paint from?
    Name and item code please.
    Oh and the price.

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Halfords Matt Black paint (from where they sell the car paint) and Grey Primer (also from Halfords) 500ml each cof £6.29

if i were you i would use a mask or something to get rid of the fumes, as they are quite strong...

EDIT...: Can't find them on the website..

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Little update, im now in the middle of planning how i can mount all of my watercooling system in my case....

here is a stone-age mock-up done in Paint with an old photo...

[​IMG]

the problem is that the outlet of the DDC is flat, not at 90* , so i'll eitther have to mount the rad so thats its impossible to bleed, or i will have to go and get a little box so that i can put the DDC in and it still looks black, with some small holes for the barbs, so it'l look like an aquacomputer FMJ sort-a-thing..

Otherwise, ive been hunting around for some blow-hole trim, and no-one has any... awwww...

And ive been planing the cutting area and holes to mount the rad and fans to the case..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(the reason its not fully painted is cos. i ran out of primer...) and these fans will be on the otherside of the metal, its just easier to work out how to mount it this way,,,

AJ

18. CrazyModder

CrazyModder What's a Dremel?

subscribe :)

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

well havn't done much.....

i decided to take off the PCI back panel of my X1800 to get it ready for painting..

[​IMG]

Before...

[​IMG]

After...

[​IMG]

and the back panel and tools i used-

[​IMG]

And my little toolkit i use for my PC's that cost me £7.94 delivered off eBay...

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

what ive done this morning...