1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Which to choose?

Discussion in 'Software' started by The_Crazy_Canadian, 12 Jul 2006.

1. The_Crazy_Canadian

The_Crazy_Canadian What's a Dremel?

Hello,

I have a dilemma of sorts and thought that now was a good time to register for the forums even though I’ve been lurking for awhile now. Anyway my question is which of the two Mac laptops do i choose?

I can get an off lease PowerBooks with the following specs and 1 year apple care for $1100CAD:

G4 1.67
    1GB ram
    80GB HDD
    8x super drive
    illuminated keyboard
    Ati graphics 64mb
    and built in Bluetooth and airport extreme

or i can get a brand new 15" Mac book pro with basic configuration for $1999CAD and then get a stick of ram when I can afford it

2GHz Intel core duo
    512 RAM
    ATI x1600 128mb
    80GB HDD
    4x superdrive
    Bluetooth and airport extreme

So what would you choose? I could go either way. I need a new laptop for university and the power book is a good deal but i don't know what type of condition they are in; where as i get a brand new Mac book pro for only $800 more. I will use this laptop probably for the next 4 years for almost everything except my games and heavy downloading and can finance it through the university so if you were in my position what would you do?

2. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

MBP hands down tbh...

3. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Well there is a fairly huge price difference. I'd go for the MBP if you can stretch to it, but the PB is still an awesome computer.

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

The MacBook will last you 'longer'. When all the good programs are built for the intel processors it will be fairly faster then the PB. But the PB is an amazing computer.. so you have to choose if you want to pay that much extra for the macbook.

L

5. The_Crazy_Canadian

The_Crazy_Canadian What's a Dremel?

I think i'm going to look for a mac book pro. I still have a couple of months before i have to buy something so i'll wait and see if any new developments, upgrades, or technology are implemented into the mbp.

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

* And bug fixes ;)

Good call :thumb:

Tags: