1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Me and my infinate wisdom

Discussion in 'Modding' started by star_treking, 18 Jul 2006.

1. star_treking

star_treking What's a Dremel?

I bought an AT case about 4 years ago with a free motherboard (dead 386). So naturaly I removed the mobo with standoffs attached because I'm not going to use it right? Wrong!

Four years later I regret removing those standoffs. I have to buy new ones. :wallbash: Good news tho, the case manufacturer did add holes for atx when they made it, Now the fun begins I remove the AT backplate and hack up the back to fit a new atx backplate.

2. CraigEG

CraigEG What's a Dremel?

Awhile back I had tossed one of my used cases because my GF has replaced her Dell which was in quite a nice case. I took it off her hands and realized a couple seconds after removing the mobo that nothing was compatibe with my ATX. It sucked. I went down to the garbage to find that someone had taken my old case (This was like 15 minutes!). Sucks.

3. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

shouldnt this be in the diasaster mods section?

4. star_treking

It's only a setback, not death of this project. My next stage is to hack up the back to fit an atx backplate. With the holes on the motherboard mount allready made. It's just a matter of making room for plugs to fit out the back. :D

Don't worry I will post pictures sometime soon when the project really starts going.

5. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

um ok I just didnt see anything about a "project" just how you ripped some mobo out of some case >_>

Hurry with pictures!

6. wsurritte

wsurritte What's a Dremel?

i fitted an atx board into an AT case with no atx mounting slots. keep your jigsaw and dremel handy!

7. star_treking

Dang you want me to reveal my "Master Plan(TM)" . I love the case as is but needs some help first AT -> ATX conversion. Plus afew other ideas that are swimming around. As soon as I figure out how to get them to work I can begin a project log.

heres what the case look like
    [​IMG]
    CS-36AX on the left except this picture dosent have a huge AT switch on the case