1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My sexy punto mk1 (vroom-vroom!)

Discussion in 'General' started by MrDT, 10 Apr 2006.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lol... i love the number plate

2. Shizz

Shizz What's a Dremel?

I just wanna no hu here is 17/18 and has insurance on a 1.1 55s/1.2 60s i wanna no how cheap i can get it i keep getting quotes of 3000 n thats alot of money 4 a little car lol :idea:

3. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Hi Shizz,

I'm pretty much 23, have 0 no claims, and passed my test about three or four months ago. I live in a good area, no points etc, and i'm paying just shy of £1000. Which sounds a lot to me!

Remember that paying monthly you can expect to pay a good 20% more in interest. That's the mistake i made :duh:

Your area has a lot to do with insurance prices apparently. VoidedWarranty was thinking of getting a similar car to mine but was quoted around the £3k mark I think for insurance. He's a little younger, and lives somewhere in posh old Kent(?) i think where insurance prices are notoriously high. I'll ask him to post in this thread when he's next online :)

It's not really the car that's the problem. She's a group 3, so you won't get much lower!

Confused.com is a great price comparison website, I'd definately take a look. As I understand it though, some insurance companies simply won't insure drivers below the age of 21. Give it a go though, helped me no end when choosing what car to buy. Fill in one form and get prices from all the major insurers!

Direct line also advertise that they give no claims to named drivers. This could save you a LOT of money. I was a named driver on my mums micra before I got my own car, £300 a year! CHEAPNESS. I decided to go it alone to build the no claims ready for when I want a newer, beefier car. The direct line deal could give you the best of both worlds :)

Either way, don't give up :) Oh, and could you please type words in full? I can understand the need for text speak in text messages, but there's no character limit on here, and i assume you have a full qwerty keyboard right? ;)

4. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Evening all...VoidedWarranty has been [Tom] for a while now, but yeah I looked at buying my sister's Punto.

I live in Surrey and got quotes of £3k at first- but with a provisional license. With a full license i'd be looking at about the £1200-1300 mark for a 1.2 SX60.

Hope that helps.

Tom

<edit> And i'm 18 by the way <edit>

5. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

My insurance didnt change from provisional to full :-/

6. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Most won't change.

My girlfriend (20) 0 ncd is insured on a Punto 85 quite nippy for ~£600tpft or ~£900 fully comp. Sucks to have a penis sometimes.

7. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Fair enough...it probably didn't change- I didn't do the same quote with the original insurer again.

As I decided I wouldn't get a car till I pass, I have only done quotes with a full license since the first extortionate one.

8. Reins

Reins What's a Dremel?

Lol this thread is class. Looks like a great car to haul all your friends around and drive crap back and forth from school.

Tags: