1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Supreme Commander Screens and more

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 1 Aug 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Solid_Puffs

Solid_Puffs What's a Dremel?

3. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Ah thanks for pointing that out - they were sent to us as part of a pack as new screenshots. Hope you enjoyed the read anyway!

4. Solid_Puffs

Solid_Puffs What's a Dremel?

Oh yeah, as a total Total Annihilation nut (no pun intended) and gay for everything related to it, I'm more than pleased with any sort of exposure SupCom gets ^^

Even if it's old shots

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

We could always use more exposure, even if the shots arent new. That looks like a fun game :)

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Im very much awaiting the release of SupCom. TA was ace, I hope this is just as good ;)

7. careyd

careyd What's a Dremel?

I first got Total Annihilation on the Mac, then on the PC, then the Battle Tactics and Core Contingency expansion packs. I discovered all of them around 1998 or 99 which was long after their release in 1997 but honestly, I fell in love with this game.

I spend most of my gaming time in First Person Shooters these days and yet probably look on Total Annihilation as one of my fondest gaming memories. Go figure. In fact, I just reinstalled my gaming box last week and I'm gonna dust off my TA discs and all the mod packs I've collected over the years and do some serious retro-gaming fun. Should smoke on my SoA hardware.

From the first announcement of Supreme Commander more than 1 year ago I was absolutlely giddy with excitement. Every time a little bit of news leaks I get more excited. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I think it will be my new favorite for a long LONG time to come.

Of course, I'm running the risk of 'too much anticipation' and when I actually get it I'll be so pumped up it will be a let-down (this has happened before), somehow I think this game just won't be that way.

Carey

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Must get supreme commander

Nice to know that it will hopefully have some neat dual monitor support for those of us lucky enough to have more than one. I think they're planning on having the normal game UI on one monitor, and then for people with two, the satellite style map will be blown up onto the second monitor. Or quite possibly it'll just be like having 2 cameras, not sure on the specifics but it's gonna rawk.

9. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Ive wanted to see another RTS from this guy ever since I first played Total Annihilation, Im drooling over these screenshots, they are great, the lush and vibrant landscapes and hills are superb... And you've got to love any game with giant laser firing spiders in it!

10. Reins

Reins What's a Dremel?

Total Annihilation was the first game I went to best buy and bought after my baby sitter (I was 8ish at the time) brought it over to my house and played it the whole time while he was sopposed to be taking care of us. I can't wait for supreme commander to come out, visions of big berthas, nukes, and amphibious tanks are coming back to me right now. I have an excuse to up grade my pc too :D. I can't wait for both games, AOE3 is getting a little old.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

12. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

TA was an amazing game (one of my favourite of all time), I hope this is as good if not better.

13. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

supreme commander looks really cool, wonder when it comes out

i like a bit of the ol RTS, i wonder if Caesar 4 will fix the problems in Caesar 3

14. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

TA is still my favorite RTS ... spent may hours playing that game. It isn't too stable on XP so I can't do my nice long 3 hour mega-battles anymore without it crashing somewhere in the middle, of course only after I had gotten totally engrosed for an hour and forgot to save. I'm looking forward to Supreme Commander :D

15. richrar

richrar What's a Dremel?

I got TA with my very first PC from *shudder* pcworld as "a gift", but i was hooked the instant i played it. Awesome RTS far better than C&C IMO.

really cant wait for this new one....ooooohh im gunna loose some hours/days/weeks to it, whoop!

16. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Total Annihilation is quite possibly my favourite game of all time. Let's hope that this can only improve on it :D

17. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I am so looking forward to this game, it's been a long wait since TA for GOD (aka: Chris) to bring out 'TA:2'

You guys should also watch the two presentation videos (one) & (two) so many more awesome control features, it just kicks every other RTS game in the nuts :D

18. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

That nuke was devastating :O

Tags: Add Tags