1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Vista upgrade paths released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Tbh I'd like the clean option no matter what, so you have to reinstall everyting, it gives you a chance to get thing's orginised and is gernerally alot faster...

3. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Same here fr4nk, a clean install is always the best option while upgrading, because placing a new OS over an old one with crack appearing over it will cause even more problems... I clean installed all of my OSs to XP, I use to have 2000 and NT running on various home computers and never even considered a upgrade "over" the original OS... its just better all round...

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it would be interesting to get a new copy of vista cheaper if you already have XP :D

5. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

I think a clean install is worth the extra $'s if you fool with your hardware regually as many of us do :dremel:

6. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

the upgrade scanning program kinda s*cks.... it says that vista cannot be installed since i have only 10.5 gigs left.... but it doesnt even notice the other 50 gb partition in my laptop =/ (not that im going to install vista on it anyway, prolly gonna use it on my main rig :p)

7. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

What sucks to Me is If one has XP x64 is that there is no upgrade path and Vista has a 64bit OS which I'd think would be the upgrade path, It's like anyone with x64 is being abandoned in place. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

8. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Yeah, I agree too. I don't know why everyone is getting bent out of shape because they can't "upgrade" to Vista from their current OS. Prettymuch everyone reading this forum at least knows how to reformat a HDD and reinstall an operating system. For some of us it is almost like breathing since it is done so often :hehe:

9. to_fast1

to_fast1 What's a Dremel?

I will buy an OEM copy when i buy an upgrade or build a new rig to run Vista.
    Then i will be able to use DX10 and use whatever is the best of what is available within budget at that time.

10. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Yeah, I would have though everyone who reads these forums wouldn't even consider pressing the upgrade button. Upgrading an OS! such an ugly way of doing things.

Tags: Add Tags