1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DragonHead Case

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GoTaLL, 16 Jul 2006.

1. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I think that the red looks better, only one thing I find could be improved but doesnt actually need it, having the pupils more defined. Other than that, this is looking sweet

3. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

OMG, i hadnt seen this thread before now, just read through the whole log and im stunned, the whole project is amaxzing and i love it. About the eyes, my personal opinion is the first eyes looked better because it was more detailed etc.... but its not ym project, so dont take my word for it...

*stunned*

dragon2309

4. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

ok 1 thing i dont seem to be able to let go is .. some peoples has been saying ooh a croc because of the shiny/wet look, and some said it without mentioning the wet look, but when my sons aid just that it hurt my soul... :p

ok need to figure out what is wrong .. some horns it will have in the end .. lots of detailwork to go with that .. but still it will be a croc with horns..

please tell me what ya think.. i did a paper version of this but hard to get the "wow effect" with a white paper disc on the side of the head.. so i painted it rapidly and it kinda fits this + some horns will it be more dragonlike?
    well not in paper tho.. :p
    [​IMG]

5. CrazyModder

CrazyModder What's a Dremel?

IMHO...It needs something on top of the head to make look less like a croc or a lizard...
    great job overall...keep on modding..!

6. Delgado

Delgado What's a Dremel?

I think that would work well, but I'd have them bigger, a bit like an Australian frilled lizard...

[​IMG]

Now obviously not that big, but it does have the effect of adding a wow factor and creating a nice frame around the face. It would also give you a nice big canvas for some clever colour blending and texturing. If you could make the membrane between the spines slightly notched and ragged on the edges that would add a lot of authenticity too perhaps :)

7. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

true .. ill try make something in paper later and see what i can come up with. i need to add the horns to see how that will fill out too and maybe do something on the top of the head too tho..

8. Comix_Dude

Comix_Dude What's a Dremel?

i cant even imagine what you will do next really great job it is astounding

i agree with Delgado it sides thingis need to be a little bit bigger.... :D :D

the red eyes look f***ing :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Edit:

he have a good point

dragons to the rescue (i have just post some pics) !!!! :rock: :thumb:

[​IMG]

oops wrong kind of dragon.... :hehe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this one look like yours but it blue hehe
    [​IMG]

here is the web site if you want to browse
    http://www.saberfire.com/dragons/indexpictureshigh.html

i am sure u know this dragon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sean Connery is the voice behind the beast. (yesh, my name is bond, james bond :naughty: )

one i found in the garage.
    the pics are big, so just links ....

http://www.box.net/public/opjq5qkjr7

you can download them to see them in full res.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2006
  9. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

well, in honest truth i thought it looked like a dragon, no question, now you said it looks liek a croc, well, kinda but only because the head is flat, and dragons dont have flat heads at all.... or if they are flat, they spur outwards near the back, something whihc yours currently doesnt do.... look at this pic...

[​IMG]

see the horns at the back where they make the head bigger, thats what i think you need to achieve

this picure below is kind of extreme horns, but again shows what you need to be aiming for - [​IMG]

WARNING, the below picture almost mimics your case exactly, and im sorry, but the pic is of a croc, lol...

[​IMG]

Now that i look at it, your case does look like a croc, but look at the dragon pics at the start of my post and try to copy some ideas from those...

BTW, even if it is a croc, or a dragon, or whatever it is, its still an aweesome piece of work, far beyond the skills of many many members here on bit-tech. So dont be too hard on yourself, it still looks great....

dragon2309

10. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

The picture of a dragon that dragon's got there is a perfect dragon! Not to much crap of crapcraft look on it, not to croc looky and not to lizard looky either.

11. FooTemps

FooTemps What's a Dremel?

Well, the shape of the snout is very similar to a fresh water alligator IMO. Long, skinny, and then widens a little at the snout.

Also, the scales are too lizard (by lizard I mean small, real lizard) like. Dragons have varying sizes of scale on their heads depending on the shape. You see in some pictures there are huge scales near the top of the head and near the eyes, and then they get smaller when they reach the tip of the snout.

Dragon pretty much nailed it on the head when he said the shape of the head is too flat and croc like.

I had no clue what your vison was so I didn't say anything until it was too late. lol (that and i'm to chicken to say something to a legendary modder like you)

12. IYIENACE

IYIENACE What's a Dremel?

Looking good, anxious to see this..."evolve" :D

The thing about dragons is... every one's vision of what a dragon would look like is not necessarily the same as the next guys.
    For example, the dragon in Reign of Fire as mentioned above was perfect in my opinion. Because to me a dragon would have a snake-like long neck and head more wedge shaped like a viper. (the venomous snake version)

Like this

[​IMG]
    But that's not every ones vision.

Check out These scales!

We just don't have much to go on. ;)

13. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN or something now peoples starts to talk back with advices .. :p

well when i started paint i said it was a try so everything made "Bad" can be remade..

the "problem" is the long croc like nose as someone said.. but most parts can be remade and redone its just a matter of time ..

we will see how much i can remake and redo.

another problem is what i said in the beginning of it, i have no idea what i started.

14. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I don't think it looks a croc.

Anyway a real dragon must be like a croc, a komodo, etc, likely. Its a dinousaur with bad breath...

15. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

that kinda warmed me a bit :) .. i really have no idea what to do next to get the "croc" likness away iv tried a few paper ideas to see if it fits but not that easy to get the "real" pic of it when done in paper but making it solid will cost and i dont want to make lots of stuff just to try it out at this moment .. and dont want to make something that in the end will look like crap when i put it on ..

16. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

HORN ***

put 2 on the top of his head one either side sort of thing

17. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

Well, the paper things did look a little like fins. Not good... Fins=water, water =croc!
    Horns should do the trick. Maybe some bigger teeth....? Nah it looks good!

18. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

hm the question that starts popping up is .. "if i named the thread croc case" would it look like a dragon then? :)

19. Comix_Dude

Comix_Dude What's a Dremel?

hehe :D so call it dracroc... and there wont be any question about the kind beast..

20. rdcL

rdcL What's a Dremel?

Crocs have long, stretched, but more importantly flat heads, like ur dragon. The eyes sort of lie on top of the flat stretched head. :hip: Catch my drift? :D

Dragons seem to have shorter heads indeed, but also (like other reptiles) look like their nose and brow are far higher up, their head is bigger in terms of height.

I really think the flatness is the source of all the misunderstanding though, if u could try and make (or imagine first) an elevation (look at the pics for the shape) on top of its head, starting from the nose and rising a bit (or a bit more) onto the brow, it might all come together... And then of course, the horns will make all the difference in the end.

Edit: actually, looking more at the pics, dragons got wider heads too. Bleeding big heads! rrrhaaa