1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DragonHead Case

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GoTaLL, 16 Jul 2006.

1. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I like that head, and i don't think it's a croc.

There are many types of dragons, at least one per etnic group. European dragons are diferent from Oriental dragrons. And between a chinese and a japanese dragon there are visible diferences. I don't know reasons why your dragon can't be a "real" dragon head.

2. IYIENACE

IYIENACE What's a Dremel?

Sorry GoTaLL my point was not to insult or belittle your hard work. I've worked with fiberglass and fillers for 15 years so believe me I know that you have invested some time in your project, and it shows. You've done a very good job.
    My poorly illustrated point was that; every one has their own "dragon" vision and you will never be able to render something that will please everyone.
    No one has an idea of what one would look like, maybe it would look exactly like yours?? ;)
    Don't worry about trying to please every else, follow your vision and in the end it will be just right.

GL -Robert

3. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

well im not insulted in any way .. its kinda fun reading what peoples got to say tho .. if i followed the advices from all "some very good but a bit late" i would end up with a pile of fiberglass and no dragon at all, i will just add a few things to the head tho it will still be the stretched head i follow my great advisor .. "my 10 year old son" and it will be a dragon i like ;) .. tho i have a few more thinbgs to make tho withing this case and the surrounding stuff needed for a computer.. :)

4. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

mmmm.. stick a flame thrower in it make it breath some fire nex time someone calls it a croc. Im a part time magician and theres this product thats called the personal flame thrower and it spouts 3-4 ft of flames and its completely safe to holdin your hand, and its also very small and self contained, just something to think about

5. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

Cool mod :thumb:
    Like the suggestion of the flame thrower flame-through but how safe can it be?
    If you based the head on a komodo dragon then it would stop people from complaining.

6. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

ok just a small update.. horns or something like it on its way .. started witha few small ones ..

made the same way as the teeths .. but way smaller .. just to have some kind of "Bones" sticking out of the head..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just a start..

7. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

No more is needed, IMO. It already looks like a dragon.

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Could we get an overall shot with those horns? As I think they may need to be larger/various sizes, but that could depend on how it looks as a whole. Those shots there definately look like a dragon.

9. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

will come i need to paint it to ya know ;)

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Yes but I would like to see how they look when compared to the rest of the head, as from that perspective they look near perfect, but may not match from a distance. I think it will though. Great work :hip:

11. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

ok .. small very small update .. i just painted painted the top of the head a bit black .. just to get the "horns to fit in more .. i need to make the top of the head from start with teh paint thing .. but this is how it looks from a distance..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the thing i noticed while making this is .. if i did a body for it i dont think anyone would even think of a croc .. :)

12. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I would say that the horns on the head could be a little larger, but dont have to be. Resoning that the horn on its snout is quite large. Or a posibility could be to create some larger horns sweeping back as in the picture of the dragon in dragon2309's post, well all the pictures seem to have swept back horns. Looks absolutly awsome though.

13. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

Nop! Not a croc thats definitly a Dragon! End of the croc chatter?! :)
    Wonder when the computer things are gonna show up...

14. Comix_Dude

Comix_Dude What's a Dremel?

that red eye scare's me. hheehee great work :rock: :rock:

and it is not a croc if it had wings it would look like pterodactyls or maybe some kind of Ceratosaurus with a Deinonychus :D :D no no, it is a Mosasaur with a Ceratosaurus definitely!!

Ceratosaurus
    [​IMG]
    Mosasaur
    [​IMG]

look frikking awesome :dremel: :dremel: mod on~!!!

Last edited: 3 Aug 2006
  15. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

yea.. i think that armor-like peice on the tip of the... nose/jaw? gives it away thats its a dragon, plus if anyone says croc, youc an just sock em one xD

16. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

[​IMG]

Dude make a computer out of that forget fiberglass. Lol Looks sweet nice croc you got there. But it in your fish tank.

Jk

I bet the real identity would end up evaporating the water in the tank with its fire breath via an acetalene torch. NO O2

17. thedragon7786

thedragon7786 What's a Dremel?

it needs two long, big curly horns coming out from the top on both sides of the small horns.

edit: and a longer tongue

18. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

Bigger teeth! two big in the front parth of the mouth!

19. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Making a body would be one hell of a challenge... But would be awesome. Do it!

20. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

you have any idea how big the head is? and how big the body would be?