1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 List of Cancelled PS3 Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by atanum141, 5 Aug 2006.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Im surpirsed by some of them!

Linky!

2. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

OMFG frame city killer cancelled :O Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ice

3. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't be surprised if the reasons behind pulling these titles from the PS3 is due to possible losses. The minute Sony revealed the PS3's price of $600, I'm sure the decline in support began. Most people are even counting Sony out of the Next-Gen race, and I'm sure companies are beginning to think that way. Not everyone can afford a $600 system, and $59-$100 games.

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I wonder if the rumors of Assassin's Creed going to 360 (in magazines it was listed as a PS3 title with no mention of other consoles) support this theory of the PS3's price causing 2nd thoughts for developers. To be honest I am glad Oblivion and Criminal Origins will not be going to PS3.

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

lollerskates

6. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Cant belive oblivion and splintercell:double agent are cancled...those looked like great games for the PS3.

7. LogicalChaos

LogicalChaos What's a Dremel?

I just realized that besides metal gear solid 4 and maybe final fantays theres no reason to buy a ps3 when the price drops, i would rather put that money into my pc or better yet buy a wii lol.

I forgot about DMC and GOW great games that all miss out on

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

And if Konami follows the same pattern as with the other Metal Gear titles it may very well get ported over to either the Wii or 360 (Twin Snakes on GC, MGS2 on Xbox). Considering the ventured into online play with MG3 if that is something that are more interested in the Live Network is a perfect place.

9. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I was looking forward to some of the titles on that list and now they are gone, GONE forever.... noooo ah well, probably try to grab a hold of them on other platforms, like DA on PC, it'll look better anyway...

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Thank god Oblivion has been cancelled. The less console egit's playing decent RPG's the better they can be tailored towards actual RPG players.

I really wish there was some giant obstacle in the way of making crossplatform games with PC games. I'd love to get away from having games made by great dev's tainted by the needs of the mass of undedicated morons that are the bulk of console gamers.

11. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I don't believe any of those games would have made a difference to the success of their respective consoles, but I guess know we may never know.

Anyways, I think if you look closely at a lot of those games, there are quite a few that will be released on the PS2 and on the 360. If you look at The Sopranos game you can see that the 360 version "didn't look all that much better than the PS2 version." In my opinion, I think developers are most likely trying to rush development and choosing the PS2 because the PS2 is a plenty powerfull, well established console, and it will work with the PS3. It's going to take a little bit of time for the PS3 to get a good market share but to say that developers don't like the PS3 is nothing more than an XBox fanboy's ignorant remark.

L J

12. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

I personally think that sony are geting to cocky lately. I mean, they know they make good game consoles, I mean like, look at teh PS, PS1, PS2, etc.

They probably think that because people bought the other consoles at high prices, they will buy the PS3 at an even higher price. I prefer a PC for games, as you can't beat the mouse/keyboard combo, however, if I was to get a next-gen console, I would go for the xBox 360 purely for the online gaming. mmm, that's a tempting thought, might be ordering one this week.......

13. Stwongbad

I just wanted to see oblivion on the PS3 graphics wise cause maybe i'd get a chance to play at demo at a game store or something you know? Oblivion doesnt have a problem running on my X1800XT but I woulda liked to see it on a "next gen" console.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yep, thats pretty much the ONLY reason to get a PS3 IMO.

15. Stwongbad

Yep alot of my buddies say MGS4 is the only real reason they want a PS3

16. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

Just reading the comments below,
    yeah ok.

17. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

Just looked at the source for the # of games on each platform. It doesn't include downloadable games, which given the popularity of 'Live' and PS3s version (called 'whatever'), seems a bit unbalanced. I know of a few games which will be download only.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

HAHAHA! That's an AWESOME quote!! Someone tell him that most of the 360 games are designed in Japan and the console is made in China using electronics designed partly in Japan, China and the EU.

About as "All American" as Americans, considering you're historically Europeans and Mexicans.. :D:D:D /runs

The main FF Square guy who left is making RPGs for the 360 now and MGS4 will be ported to the 360 in 6-12 months. But tbh, on both sides, console only titles are the bain of the industry.

19. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Something tells me he was trying to be funny/sarcastic.

But yeah, it seems like MGS4 is the only game that I would want to play. Hopefully it might get ported to PC so I won't have to buy any consoles.

20. Stwongbad

Sorry if this is a dumb question but has any MGS title been ported to the PC? This could be a really retarded question but has there?