1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Armor question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Exitios, 5 Aug 2006.

1. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

I plan on purchasing the Thermaltake VA8003BWS (black with 25cm side fan) sometime soon, but I've got a question that I can't seem to find the answer for.

First, I plan on replacing all the fans (minus the side fan.) There are two 92mm fans, and two 120mm fans. One of the 120s is on their iCage at the front of the case, but I am unsure if that fan can be replaced. Also, since I only plan on using few 5.25" drives, I am thinking about buying another iCage simply for to install another 120mm fan as an intake. But, when you install another iCage, does it require that the 5.25" panels be removed? The Armor features 5.25" covers with a mesh and foam filter, so they're all open. If you need a look at the case, try looking here .

Thanks everyone.

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

you can fit 2 icages in a armor. but i use the hdd rack near the psu, also i have removed my i cage. and fitted 2 120mm intakes. and you can remove the fans from the icages, its just screwed on

here is my intakes
    [​IMG]
    the bottom 1 used to be just below the first. but now its mounted to my radiator

wounderful cases :D
    ask me anything cose i own 1 :hehe:

3. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

Heh, well, that's an interesting concept, but I don't want to have to remove any 5.25" covers, like you seem to have. I'm not buying a second iCage because of the number of drives I own, buy simply because I want a second 120mm intake fan. I'll be using the cage by the power supply for extra cables (since my modular one died,) and have my HDD on the bottom-most bay.

By the way, do you have the version with or without the 25cm fan upgrade?

4. teamtd11

my drive covers still go over. the fans are attached after the covers. so i still get the dust filters.
    plus i dont have the 25cm version. but everything else is the same :D

5. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

Very good! I'm glad to hear I can still have the benefits of an extra intake fan, filters, and no loss of aesthetic appeal. How well do the fans work in the case? I want to replace those with the LED-lit SmartFans, but they're much more noisy. Also, I hear a lot of complaints about the top 92mm fan. How does that work on your system?

6. teamtd11

i removed the cover over the top of the top fan so air can flow out of it :lol: so it can do its job now. and the fans that come with the case are not very noisy but they dont push much air either, i swaped 1 of them. but the noise just increased with the air flow :hehe: . but now i have them all pluged into my controler. so i can drop them all to 7v when its not very hot :thumb:

7. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

I'd go with a 5.25" fan controller, but not many black ones either look good, match my color scheme (black/blue,) or work well. I hear especially bad things about Thermaltake's HardCano series... :( Which is a shame, because when I buy my Zalman CNPS9500, it comes with their FanMate2, and I don't want to have to plug and swap every fan down when I'm idling.