1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Soylent Green: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 19 Oct 2004.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

Whoa that's a lot of tubing :jawdrop:

Looking forward to some sweet pics on this :thumb:

modsquad your modding is top-class and I always enjoy drooling over the extreme details :)

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Slept long enough now MS! Get up! Time to update! :p
    I can't wait to see your tubing. And I like the idea with the PCI-E cables by scifi... give it a try.

3. accro

accro What's a Dremel?

Clock is ticking.. we want that update!

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

the LOOP:

The loop:
    First off "spring-up" the HD cooler
    [​IMG]
    then removed the Innovatek reservoir from the case skin and added the needed fittings.
    [​IMG]
    It will be necessary to mount the res. in a temporary-fashion in order to have access to the backside of the MB to finish wiring later.
    [​IMG]
    Ended up using a scrap piece of acrylic to serve as a support for the reservoir
    [​IMG]
    Then on to the tedious task of the loop:
    [​IMG]
    tight--
    [​IMG]
    very tight--
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Eight hours later:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The springs on the CPU runs of Tygon give the tube a mind of there own. I want them to run together to mimic the look on the video block..Later..
    Lets add some H20:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The good news, not a single leak..The bad, could not work a drain valve into the loop without it looking like crap..So, no drain valve. Would have liked to have one, but not the end of the world.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said before, the Tygon runs in/out of the CPU did not want to sit the way I wanted them to:
    [​IMG]

I think Billet Specialties should have a hose separator the size I need. For now,plastic tie: :hehe:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [1N0V471V]

[1N0V471V] What's a Dremel?

Amazing...

6. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

i think that a drain port where the pump power plug exits the case would be good... you could run the tube straight along the front edge to whever, or spring it and run it behind the pump...

but wait! where would the pump's power come from?
    tie the pump power to the mains inlet on the PSU... *shifty eyes*

[edit] im thinking of a fill port... not a drain valve... but why not use a fil port as a drain valve? it would look good where the power plug for the pump is... or vertically behing the pump where all the tubes run vertically...

7. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

Looks fricken amazing!

But my only concern is that when you need to replace motherboard or something, its going to be very hard with the pump and all the other bits there?

But man, WOW!

8. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 What's a Dremel?

loop

very clean and beautiful work there fella... I like what I see, keep pushing forward.. :thumb:

9. customh

customh conflagration.

Great...Amazing...but the pink of the LPT port needs to be covered bad.

10. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

It looks great.

Say, is that one of those casio calculator watches? The ones I always thought were totally awesome?

How much longer? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? are we there yet?

11. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

I agree 100% with this.. i didnt notice it until he pointed it out... either that or the alcohol made me notice this time around, but now that i oticed it, it does stick out a bit... perhaps some paint... or hell black tape...

12. customh

customh conflagration.

Green paint would be a nice touch but a hella pain in the ass to mask up.

EDIT: I changed my mind, a silver/chrome/for the love of god something shiny!! cover. DO IT!!!

13. modsquad

You are 100% correct, I did not notice the forest because of the trees.. :hehe:
    You found it, now give me some options to fix it CH.........
    @ BoD: that is not my hand so I can't say...That session was done in the owners garage, the machine departed my SlaughterHouse to be finished at the owners abode..I was just the overseer and picture-shooter.. :hehe: I made him do the work.....

BAD-NEWS guys..
    Yesterday, after finishing the loop..I hung-around for about an hour watching the pump-pump (and drinkin' beers)...no-problems..
    (10) hours later, there is a "moist-spot" under the radiator (this per the owner).. So, the loop has a Weep (mini-leak) in the vicinity of the radiator..
    I have been trying to trouble-shoot via email with him to pin-point the leak..
    Worst case scenario (and my guess) is that it is the radiator itself.. Those chrome hwlabs radiators are no longer in production... :eeek: I did mod-it (threaded rod through/around it's core) but I tested it with 30psi-air, and it was OK..
    SO- I am off to Google a 120mm Black Ice chrome.. :hehe:

Will the madness never-end........... :wallbash: Will I ever finish this project !!
    I am starting to wonder myself....what else can go-wrong, how many hoops must I jump-through...I think my next computer will be a Dell...... :hehe:
    MS

14. tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior What's a Dremel?

to keep those hoses together, what about a small block of aluminium bar or thick plate (say 6mm or so) in a rectangle or something, drilled to fit the tygon, and sanded around the edges so it was like an oval with the tygon running through it? :thumb:

wouldnt that also be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting something made from billet? :naughty:

15. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

You are refering to the noticably ugly Parrallel port? Other wise the only thing is that GFX
    wire I say run it alogn the side of the Card and to the MB power line. And you could bend some plexi to make your own green tube holders or black. just make a S. Or you could sleeve it. that would be interesting sleeved

16. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

I would test the Rad the same way again under water. Check is it sthe rad or a jushed O-ring or something. And even tho it is frusterating. You are having fun need I remind you.

17. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

hehe, sure doesnt seem like it :)
    i think hes doing it for his clientell :)

but... with the h20 problems sorted... he can look at the loop drain, and the parralle port :)

18. modsquad

YES, fun.. :miffed: let the good times-roll !! :p
    as for the loop, the the BS seperator is on its way.. The loop may not hold-water but it will look good.. :D
    frustration-incorporation...

Last edited: 7 Aug 2006
  19. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

Those springs make for a very neat effect. A big plus on the looks department (I guess they hold the kinking down, too..).

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'm with CH - that pink is evil!

Looks excellent though, it's some mighty impressive work. I've set up watercooling in a LL PC-6077 once (same size as the PC60 but different internals) and it was quite painful, so much respect for getting that all looking so great in a fairly small case!