1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Solved] Razer Diamondback On-The-Fly Sensitivity Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Exitios, 6 Aug 2006.

1. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

For those who own/have owned the Razer Diamondback LE, or a Razer at all, you're probably aware of the "On-The-Fly Sensitivity" feature. For those of you who don't know, Razer was kind enough to enable gamers to simply press and hold a button and use the scrollwheel to adjust how sensitive the mouse was, and it becomes VERY useful when you get used to it. However, when I reformatted my HDD, the On-The-Fly Sensitivity worked fine, but a little afterwards it simply stopped working. The tray icon even fails to load, but reloading it doesn't help fix the problem. I've contacted Razer about this, but has anyone else had this sort of problem?

-Exitios

Last edited: 9 Aug 2006
  2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Did you change the USB port you plugged the mouse into? My tray icon only loads when I use a specific USB port (the same one I used when I installed the drivers). I believe it's a fault of the way USB recognizes devices.

Try the other USB ports and see if the icon appears

3. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

I'll be damned, it's fixed! I don't ever remember switching the USB ports for my mouse, but it's working fine now. Many thanks, Tyinsar. :D

4. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

You're most welcome. I had the same issue myself once.

I wish they (M$) would fix USB so you could actually FULLY uninstall drivers for a specific USB device but I suspect it won't happen any time soon since a FULL uninstall in windose involves wiping the HD.