1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by funy, 31 Jul 2002.

1. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

For my birthday 15th aug (hint hint) :D im going to get a baybus made up and get some cathodes in my lan li, and im also going up to a big lan meet in tamworth so i want to buy a digital camera this week. Any suggestions, i want high quality pics but not through the roof prices, im looking to spend a max of about £200ish. If you can let me know model numbers i can get em cheaper thru work.

Any example pics from suggested cams would be great :D

thanks

2. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

There was a thread like this awhile back. We now have the search function activated so I suggest you make use of it :D

I have been contemplating getting a camara also and have seen the Fuji FinePix 2800 for £279 (inc 32Mb smart card) from Amazon. It looks like it will give VERY good pictures as it has a 6x optical zoom.

Meblin

3. linear

linear Minimodder

Fuji r0x0r. I use the Finepix1400. Go Fuji.

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Yeah I got the canon a40 in the end, but it was a hard decision between that and the fuji 2600. But both are about £229 so a little over your budget but worth the extra.
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/a40.html for a review of the a40 with sample pictures.

5. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

I have a Canon A40 also, the camera rox. with a 20 dollar adapter it takes 52mm lenses and filters so you can do almost anything with it.

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I vote canon but I have a fuji ... anyone want to buy it :lol:

7. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

get over to amazon.co.uk

i got a leaflet in my order a few days ago, they have a 2 megapixel canon/nikon (i forget) down from £230 to £200. Might be worth a look (im pretty sure it is)

8. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

i got impatient :D and bought a Fuji FinPix2600 for £185 :D i got @ trade prices cos i got it thru work.

But from what ive been told and what peeps are saying here its a good cam.

Will post a pic here when i get it tonight :D

9. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of my case, not started modding it yet but expec pics as i go along in a specifica thread.

10. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

As others have said, Canon and Fuji are both EXCELLENT cameras. I personally have a Fuji Finepix 1300 (now discontinued, but basically a step down from the 1400) which is brilliant, as is my mate's Canon Digital Ixus V. The Digital Ixus series are totally amazing, but you pay around £400 for them :/ But being able to record as much avi video with sound as will fit onto your Compact Flash media is nothing to be sniffed at.

11. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

eeek! spray the drives on your lian li

12. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

i am :/ well i may stealth them not quite decided, but a m8 is bringing his slver spray paint to a lan meet we are going to so going to do them there, tho i might just do a stealth today.