1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Team Fortress 2, Portal, Episode 2 vids

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Aug 2006.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

TF will be great, it looks lots of fun, expecialy the unreal parts like rocket jumping and how the scout can run.

portal is :eeek: i want to play it it looks fun and i like puzles like that.

and ep2 me wants to play it to :D

2. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Portal impresses me more every time i see it. I can see it driving me totally up the wall though.

3. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

DID I SEE A BUILDING CRUMBLE!?!?

Looks like there's another game to add to my must play list. TF2 looks great also.

I really hope there's going to be new weapons in Ep 2, but I have my doubts.

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I was wondering where I saw them from. :D Other than the cartoony look it seems alright.

Ep 2 looks like a definate must have, at least for me :jawdrop: .

5. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

TF2 is so cartoony, i think valve screwed this one up. Take a look at www.fortress-forever.com, that is more like what I had envisioned.

Portal looks like it could be mighty fun though

6. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

Awww... you're no fun. Just because the art department doesn't take itself seriously doesn't mean you should take the game seriously. I think it's great. Truly unlike anything else out there (maybe a few, but definetly overshadowed by gritty, realistic shooters).

Besides, if you want non-cartoony graphics, go play TF Classic, or Quake Wars or something.

If anything, more game developers should start expanding their creativity. We need more "fun" not-so-serious games. Who couldn't love NOLF?

Of yeah - you would've hated it.

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

TF2 looks like fun. I was laughing my arse off at the trailer and whgile I know that is partly the way it was scripted, it still looks like a fun game.

Portal looks entertaining, but I can't see myself spending money for it. Looks like sort of a "one trick pony" if you will. Probably fun for a couple hours, then gets dull after that. The thought that occoured to me is perhaps it should be a mod to somthing like HL2 or Halo which already have an established plot or gameplay, but this would completly change the way it is played. The whole portal concept feels more like a tool or concept than a game in and of itself.

e2 of course looks incrediable. Can't wait for it to hit. I'm really interested to see where they go with the story. That's what's going to make or break this episod concept is if they can keep the story line interesting on an ongoing basis because otherwise the episodes aren't really long enough to do really new things with.

8. LEAX

LEAX What's a Dremel?

That TF2 video is wonderful ... it will be a good game

Tags: Add Tags