1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling e6600 and Asus P5W temps wrong??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by J-Pepper, 26 Aug 2006.

1. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Currently have a e6600 running prime stable at 3.4Ghz @ 380x9, 1.4v. using an Asus P5W Dh Deluxe flashed to bios 1101 together with Gskill 2Gb HZ6400 ram.

Now heres my question:

According to my Asus AI Booster and the BIOS, my temp at idle is around 40c idle and almost 55-60c at full load...

CPU is cooled using Swiftech G4, D5, TC HE120.3, Fass o'matic res with Masterkleer 7/16 Tubing.

IMO this temp seems rather high and i heard Conroes produce less heat than the X2... does this seem high for you or is this ok??

I've tried reseating the block and turning the D5 on gih but still makes no difference.

Help?

[​IMG]

Edit: System/mobo temp is oddly high too... room temps around 25c

2. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Either by overlooking fans because you have wcing and your case is basicaly sealed heat chamber it could hit that temp. Or your fas-o-matic can't remove enough heat to keep the CPU in the 30-40 range idle and 40-50 loaded. How many fans doing what do you have in the case?

3. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

I have a Mountainmods UFO case.

6 120s.

3 on the Thermochill 120.3mm rad for the cpu.

1 on the thermochill 160mm rad for the GPU

1 on the thermochill 120.1mm rad cooling everythingelse

1 for exhaust...

basically the 3 fans on the 120.3 are pushing in from the front and the others are pulling out from the back.. similar to the aerodynamics of a car.

My case uses 3 separate loops.. hence the reason of having 3 different rads.

I don't think it could be the res as my old set-up using a DFI Expert and X2 4400 @ 2.7Ghz was around 26c idle and 31c load

4. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

pics here:

3rd loop hasn't been set-up yet as i need to find a chipset block compatable with the board.. hard to find one which uses hooks ratehr than screws :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Any idea what water temps are? Do you see large jumps idle -> load? Could be dished IHS, crap IHS contact or just a crap sensor reading.

6. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Don't have any temp probes in the CPU loop so i don't know though i did manage to find a program which tells me an accurate temp of the die of the CPU.. and that was at around 60c both cores.

And as for the jumps.. its say.. 41c idle.. then when i test using prime95 or Orthos Beta, it jumps to 60c (max) but as i said.. that cant't be right can it?!

I might as well clean/reapply AS5 onto it and try again :(

7. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

hmm.... i shoved an Aquaero temp sensor between the cpu and waterblock.. and it says 40c on the Aquaero :/

8. koola

koola Minimodder

Just buy a cheap digital temp monitor and test your CPU temps at Idle and load. Make sure you also get ambient temp for use as a comparison.

9. nigely

nigely What's a Dremel?

hi J-Pepper
    havent see you for a while
    use this to check your CPU temp

Intel Thermal Analysis Tool download:
    http://www.anonforums.com/builds/TAT.zip

the temp seem correct to me
    core2duo temp is really high, i think its even higher than PD 8xx series

10. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Dude, 40c is a real step forward for an intel system when loading and clocking. Plenty of room to grow on that one, so just go on up :_

Tags: