1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What would you like to see in future HL2 episodes?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cthippo, 25 Aug 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I got thinking at work over the last couple of days about some things I'd like to see in the future episodes of the HL saga and I figured I'd throw them out and see if anyone else is thinking along these lines.

- Somthing more to do with Ravenholm.

Despite scaring the crap out of me, Ravenholm was one of the most fun levels of HL2 and Father Gregory was just plain fun. Can you imagine the dialog between Alyx and Gregory? I'm not sure why Gordon would need to go back there, but I'm sure they could find an excuse.

- Return to Black Mesa

This would be very much a "roots" level, and perhaps a fairly simple one sice they have already ported the original HL maps to source. It would be interesting to start at the outside and work your way IN to Black Mesa. I would expect you would cover some new ground on the way where passages collapsed, etc, but I think this could be a lot of fun.

- Remember Corporal Shepard?

Keep in mind Barney never had a name until Blue Shift, and yet has become a significant character in HL2. Shepard from Opposing Force could also return, perhaps sent back by the G-Man to assist you in getting through Black Mesa.

- Test drive a combine Armored Car

You remember the ones from HL2. I always wanted to hop in one fo those and drive it around, shades of UT. This is another place that could be fun with Alyx if you get to choose between driving and shooting. It would also be nice if the "road" was a little less linear than most of the HL maps.

- The answer to "Who is the G-man"

After sniffing too many glue fumes at work, I had an insight on this...

In Half Life 14 we finally discover that the G-Man is really...

Gordon Freeman come back in time to assist. Admit it, it makes sense in a perverted sort of way.

So what would you like to see in future episodes?

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think ravenholm was probably destroyed when the citadel went up : / Athough I really couln't tell whereabouts I was in relation to city 17's centre at most points :p

This would be very cool IMO, Gordon returns to Black Mesa, possibly in the last episode, finishing it where it began. Although the once shiny new Black Mesa would be turned into more or a dark, grimey corridored ruin.

One thing though, if you havn't played HL: Source then I have to tell you it's still no-where near HL2 standards :p I saw very little improvement actually, but it would have to be redesigned, the proportions are way off really.

I've laways wanted to get in one of those :p

Might explain the G-mans way of talking, as he's Gordon and only just learnt how to speak :p

3. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I would love to drive one of those walkers and to pilot one of the combine gunships.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I remember seening somthing on here about a mod out of Spain that lets you do just that. Looked pretty cool :)

5. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

It's called strider mod, and is one of the top 10 downloaded files on www.hl2files.com go download it.

Also, the original game is being completely remade by a very talented mod team... and i tlooks damned sexiful... go see www.blackmesasource.com

6. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Yeah black mesa source looks amazing, as does Fortress Forever

7. Lethal

Lethal What's a Dremel?

few things:

1. some new weapons.

2. some new enemies

3. To drive some of those armoured cars you mentioned.

4. Use the teleporter and it breaks and sends you back to WWII or be sent forward to... STEAM use imagination here.

5. Who is G-Man. Although I'm not sure about that. Keeps you going through the game to find out who he is, or what he is :rolleyes:

8. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

Have you happened to see the film 'Twelve Monkeys'?

"We're sending you to the third quarter of 1996, right on the money!"

*cue battle of the somme*

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I want to see a main character die. I want them to stay dead and I want it to have an impact on the game. I'm thinking eli vance here. If he was to die, alyx would change, she would become a very interesting mix between sadness and dangerous anger. It would be brilliant.

I also want to see more variations of weapons and far more enemies.

Other than that, i'm happy.

Oh, one more thing actually. Don't let playtesters whine about alyx being too much of a strong woman and bossing gordon about.. So freaking what! She's a badass, why would a badass be nice to you if you mess up or get in her way? I dunnow.. saying "excuse me gordon" in a nice polite way while 10 zombies were attempting to eat her face just doesn't seem right. I would rather she yelled at you.. Alas. This seemed to scare americans and now she is tame.. rather like a well fed cat.

10. Lethal

Lethal What's a Dremel?

Got it on DVD ;)

Will - haha, "well fed cat". Maybe Gordan should die and become a zombie. o0o0o play as a zombie, we might know how annoyed those zombies get when they walk really slow. I bet it's fustrating, poor buggers.

Hear Gordan talk for once might be good too, I bet he has a squeeky voice.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Showering with Alyx.

:D

"You can take off your HEV suit now, Gordon"

12. Lethal

Lethal What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Thats so immature :naughty:

13. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

you say that now but we all know you just had a little mental peek into the dark area of your brain... You know, the bit with the sock on the doorhandle.

(i bet you use that z key far to much you dirty perve!)

14. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Thanks for that, Half-Life is still the best FPS single player IMO, being totally remade into a source version would be brilliant :D

15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Opposing force 2 would rock. Or you could meet up with shepard somewhere in the game.

And you should be able to steal some combine vehicles, they could work that in if they tried. And Ive always been a sucker for flying vehicles. Just my little ideas.

16. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Man I love that film. The only thing that annoys me is when they pull the bullet out of his leg... it still has the shell casing on it, wtf!?

/ot

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

and? :D

18. RTT

RTT #parp

I came to post this too :thumb:

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I wanna see completely destuctable buildings like the cabin that the Strider shoots in one of IGNs preview videos, but I want to be able to be in a run down shanty like that and get into a big firefight. Over time grenades blow parts of the walls, bullet holes riddle the whole place with beams of sunlight shining through and over time, the whole thing just starts collapsing.

I think the next step in gaming is going to be making the environments as believable as possible. Look at Crysis.

20. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Tags: