1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte 3D Aurora + BIG GPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by batsman, 30 Aug 2006.

1. batsman

batsman the quiet one

Hi,

been looking at getting a new case recently as my dragon (big tower) is starting to get crampt (not deep enough). At the moment to 2 best i've seen are the aurora and the Thermaltake Eureka (which is slightly too deep (650mm)).

From the pics i've seen of the aurora it looks like it will do the job but i'm worried it will be too short, as this image
    shows the mobo being quite close to the HDD mounts, which may cause a problem with big cards like the 7900GTX / X1900XT's due to these cards needing extra power that normally comes in from the end of the card.

Thanks.

2. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

It will be fine, 1900XTs fit fine in a Antec Super Lanboy, so any other case will be no problem.

Look at the AKASA Eclipse, aviod Thermaltake.

3. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i did look at the Eclipse, it just looks too tight for me, you have to remember i'll be moving from a dragon full tower.

I need a case that has room for atleast 5 HDD's and minimum 3 5 1/4 yeah the eclipse would take that but its going to be a mess of cables, which is my concern with the Aurora, as the PCIe power cable need to be connected and i'm not sure if its going to fit.

4. _Robbie_

_Robbie_ What's a Dremel?

I've got the Aurora and a 1900XT and it fits fine, and while it's tight, there's no problems getting the power into the card at all.

5. batsman

batsman the quiet one

thanks for the reply. i'm probably going to get this case then, i was going to wait for the Aurora 570 but with noone know when its out the 3D will be fine.