1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razer Diamondback Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by miceless, 8 Sep 2006.

1. miceless

miceless What's a Dremel?

Hi all.

I just bought a Razer Diamondback Plasma and I'm having a bit of a difficult time getting used to it. The mouse seems to 'slide' around as if it was partially on ice or lagging behind or something, its hard to explain. I just cant seem to get used to using it, even after messing about with the sensitivity and stuff.

Am I going crazy? Or does anyone else know what I'm on about?

My brother bought a Logitech MX518 and although I've never been a fan of that shape of mouse I actually prefer its movement to the new one. If I still can't get used to the Razer, and noone has any suggestions, I may have to scrap it and swap.

Any suggestions?

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Sounds like it could be faulty - I have a Diamondback Chameleon (well I had to didn't I) and know quite a few people with Plasmas and none of them have complained about a problem like that. This is the fastest and most responsive mouse I've ever used, and I've never had anything even remotely resembling lag with it. Contact Razer support.

3. Salazaar

Salazaar What's a Dremel?

Do you have the Enhance Pointer Precision turned on? It lowers the speed of the mouse for small slow movements and increases it for large fast movements... I hate it.

4. miceless

miceless What's a Dremel?

Yay Salazaar. Turning that off does seem to make a massive difference, but I don't understand why that would be as its most likely been on the whole time.

I'll try it like this for a while and see what I think.

5. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

i have the same mouse, didnt have that issue though, the mouse i would opt for would be the logitech G5 :)

but im perfectly happy with my razer :)