1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:: Krishna (Small! Update 13.10.2006)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by atanum141, 7 Jul 2006.

1. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Looking good, keep up the work. :)

2. CraigEG

CraigEG What's a Dremel?

I will be doing a similar treatment to the interior of my case. All black, a little acylic, and doing my best about hiding wires. I wanted a black case but since the silver one was aluminum and the black was steel (Thermaltake Armor), I went with the silver. I will decide if it will stay silver or not based on the finish once the case comes in.

Best of luck on your case!

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Update 24/7/06

Well this is the quickest and a short update that im doing just to let u guys know how its going.

The first thing im really excited about is the paint job, its not fully completed yet but 90% is done! but only a little bit is clear coated.

[​IMG]
    Here is a taster pic, such a bad pic but it shows the reflective nature of the paint.

I also did a smaller job which needed address as it also played a big part to how the case will look at the end.

So we have screws!
    [​IMG]
    and then we have the nuts
    [​IMG]

and then i did this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt want to buy Pre-made ones as they are costly as this is cheaper and i know that these screws work perfectly with the case.

Ok so some final shots of the 90% finished paint job, actually ive run out of paint and i need some more this week. I think ill get one of those smaller cans as the big 500ml ones are rather costly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will obviously put up better pics but at the moment i dont what to see what she looks in the sun light till shes completly done to how i want it.

Also on a side note i tested my cathodes, both inverters work but sadly my 12" cathode dosent, so at the moment im stuck with 2x 4" units but i do realise i need more light in the rig to get a nice looks going.

Anyways as usual I will update.

Thanks for the comments guys!

4. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

:thumb: looking good, really nice colour, better than just a flat black :)

5. atanum141

Finally! Update! 25/8/2006!!

So I wont have much time to talk about this abt the momeny as im busy at home, but here are the pics. I will have another update today which will explain more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. atanum141

Another Quick teaser post!

[​IMG]
    This is where she currently stands!, i will have full set of pics at to what has been done! soon.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

im loving the fans...

getting some soon cos they look nice and cool

8. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

Wow!!! Great work on the job :D

9. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Looking good so far.

Have you tried threading the nuts onto the bolts yet? Normally they have a very tight tolerance gap between them and when you paint it makes them bind up/strips the paint off. How much more expensive were the black annodized ones?

10. psikoticsilver

psikoticsilver What's a Dremel?

OMG I have those SAME filters. They work VERY, VERY well. Good Choice.

Looks like it is coming along, looking forward to more. ^^

11. Dragonphreak

Dragonphreak Minimodder

What fans are those? any specs?

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'd say the fans are Noiseblocker's. Can't say the model but specs for all (S1, S2, S3 or something) can be found from the internetz :)

13. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Is the black paint you used for this project from poundland? What about the clear laquer.. from halfords?

Lookin good! :D :D

14. atanum141

Yep those are S1's i believe but i bought them off these forums, they are 44cfm airflow @ 17db but even at 17db its too loud for me and im looking into Scythe's brand of uber low noise fans....800rpm goodness but those are uber expensive

Well actually the paint on the screws and on the fan grills are covered im paint from pound land but the actaull case is painted in VW Diamond Black paint and also the clear coat is from Halfords also.

Im gonnaorder my window and carbon effect stuff soon, hopefully ill have my new camera so i can take better pics, and also ive got all my new hardware so 90% there....just the little details to play arround with.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

bump...??

you done anything more yet ???

16. atanum141

Nope, actually the project is nearly completed, tho ive not done anything to it for awhile, i still need carbion vinal and i need rounded ide cables, also the machine has been upgraded and been running the last two months without issue.

I will post a uptodate update.

17. atanum141

Christ UPDATE Time! 13.10.2006

So after a nice reminder from Mankz i must post some up2date pics and what the hell is goin on with the prokect, well after being uber busy to doing nothing for a long while heres a update.

[​IMG]
    ^here she stands

[​IMG]
    We take off the front grill and we have the two 4inch UV cathodes, actually this was an after thought as all i wanted was some light in the front so i could switch on/off during the evenings they work out quite weel tho all the wires and inverter box is placed inside the floppy bay.

[​IMG]
    Taking off the side pannel here she is!, completly new hardware and competly cleaned up, actually this is the second time shes been rebuilt since the new hardware. Take note of the HUGE northbridge Thermalright HSF(thanks Noni!)

im quite ashamed at using the bod standard IDE cables but they are a tempeory measure as i need to buy some noew ones and get a primary SATA HDD soon.

[​IMG]
    Shot of the middle of the machine, also note the lenght of the 7800GTX.....i was scared of the lenght then add the lenght of the pci-e power cable!

[​IMG]
    shot of the front, not shown well but both the 120mm fans are secured by gel fan mounts, they reduced my vibration problems and were uber easy to work with insted of the screws! also the HDD cage was removed and then improved by using blowhole trim to again reduce vibration/noise.

[​IMG]
    shot of my master piece, all the misc cables are tucked away behind the mobo! :clap: these include, HDD/Power LED's, Power/Reset,USB & front intake fan+5v resistor cable's all neatly tucked away! im sooooo happy.

So thing that still need to be done are the adding of carbon fibre to the back plates, prob more lighting but that depends if i want a window now, as i aint too keen on the idea. Because i wanted a fast but silent machine with understated looks with plenty of black involved, and i think i have achieved that somewhat, and since the upgrade im well happy where she stands.

New-ish hardware List:
    Mobo: Asus A8R-MVP
    Cpu: Athlon64 X2 4200+
    Ram: 1Gig Geil Value
    Gfx Car: Asus 7800GTX
    Cooling: Cpu: Freezer64@7V, Northbridge:Thermalright HR-15 Hsf, Casefans: 2x Noiseblocker Sx1's@5V

Let me say this people, this machine is DEAD quiet, so quiet that i cant hear it when i walk into my room! This is what i was wanting to achieve, she gives off a very low hum in the background, so it is achieveable having a powerfull machine but be competely silent.

Ill update once new work is carried out.

18. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

Nice to see my HR-05 and GTX in a good home :)!

Im suprised how quiet it is too, as quiet as a VF900 at 5V!

Great project mate.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Looks fantastic, don't let builders near it this time :p

How did you hide all your PSU cables, looks like you've got an EasyCon there, got one of those myself, but I've still got a load of nondetachable cables all over the place, it's a complete mess.

Would be awesome to see a bit of stealthing going on with those disk drives, always wanted to get one of those cases and keep the drives hidden behind the plates.