1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Black and White wavemaster: CPU Magazine Front Cover

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by THEkorean, 1 Jul 2006.

1. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hey there. The mod is starting to loog good, keep at it.

For the pics, you could consider buying a cheap tripod or with the same amount of money a decent macro/repro tripod (about 25cm tall). And if not that, you should find something beneath the camera, a box or something that you can keep the camera on while taking the shots. Keep both hands on the camera and preferably use a timer if your camera has one. Focus, press the button down and then keep the camera steady and let it take the pic.

Also keep good lighting on the subject when taking the shots, that helps to reduce the shutter time when using your cameras auto mode and that helps you to get in focus pics easier.

Janne

2. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

o_0 oml.
    the wavemaster with the carbon fibre looks absolutly amazing.
    good work.

3. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

@Darkened:
    thanks for the tips, ATM im broke as a mother so a tripod, even a cheap one is out of the question, and ive already tried then box idea, its too hard to get pictures inside with PC with a box, also the main thing is im having trouble with the night shots cause its REAALY hard to find a focus point with enough light (thats why all my pics are of LED's), anyways, ill be sure to get one some time near C-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s (i beleive the original word is sensored :hehe: ).
    @SIMSY:
    thank you :thumb:

well.. remeber a few posts back when i said i would paint my backpack, well i did it like a month ago and forgot to post the pictures so here it is xD
    [​IMG]
    same theme as the wavemaster, black and white stripes
    [​IMG]
    well as you can see here there is a car decal on my back pack... well heres the story, my friend (the same one that gave me my muskateer 2) said that if i do another racing stripes paintjob to anything that he would have to put car decals on it to go with the "racing" theme.. i though he was kidding.. i left my backpack out at lunch, and after i come back to get it.. there was this decal on it o_o oh well, it looks pretty good anyways xD

ok heres some extra pics:
    [​IMG]
    THIS IS A MUST FOR EVERYONE, IMHO its wayyy better than a dog, cat, modding buddy, or anyother tool, its the Staples easy button LOL. my friend got it for me for christmas last year. for those of you who dont know waht it does, When you press it a reasuring voice says "that was easy" to make you feel better after a hard day of modding :hehe:

and new hardware i got:
    [​IMG]
    Samsung writemaster, external CD drive, it does it all, CD, DVD, lightscribe, DVD-RAM with all those bells and whisles.. too bad i only use it to burn regualr CD's :blah:

well this project is once again on hold until primochill gets back to me and until i get enough cash for paint, meanwhile.. i have to start building a trebuchet for my physics project (our teacher didnt even teach us a damned thing about projectile motion and this thing is due next week :waah: ) so untill next time
    loggin out
    -THEkorean

4. rynoman

rynoman What's a Dremel?

great work on the case. Mabye you can post a couple of pics of the trebuche

when u finish it

keep up the work :thumb: :rock:

5. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Maybe mount the base of the trebuche to the case and have a computer that fights back.

6. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I really like you backpack :naughty:

7. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

@rynoman:
    thanks for the comments, i will post some pictures, ill probly even give the trebuche the same paintjob as my case xD

@hydro _electric_655:
    [​IMG]
    LOL unfortunately the base has to be around .5m x .5m so no mounting it on top of the case

@PAIN:
    yes i realy like my backpack too xD. It owns everything including people, you dont know how many times "tough guys" tried to punch it and got huge scars on their fists lol

Last edited: 18 Sep 2006
  8. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

yer those backpacks are so cool.
    you have inspired me to buy some carbon viynl for my current Pc.

:D

9. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

ok i got my res from primochill.com FINALY
    here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    B&W Wavemaster with the new res

[​IMG]
    closeup of res

[​IMG]
    view of inside through res

[​IMG]
    front of wavemaster as of now

[​IMG]
    just a cool shot (stupid camera turned the LED's blue

[​IMG]
    my friend stuck another decal on my backpack while i wasnt looking :p, aperantly he has like a box of these that he needs to get rid of...

the next update will be the third to last, which is to paint the pannels, i bout 2 cans of metalic black the other day, so i jsut need to find time to paint this thing. The penultimate updae will be the front pannel mods, im determined to to put some kind of LCD in the front, and either a car air freshener or a some kind of vent by which my radiator fans can exhast hot air instead of pulling it into the system. and the final update will be the back panel, i dont know what to do with that back fan hole.. im thinking of making some kind of exhaust pipe or just covering it up, i think i will also be using the rest of my carbon fiber vinyl to cover upthe back panel.

10. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

heres the promised picture of my trebuche
    [​IMG]
    me striking a pose next to it

mine came in at 4th or 5th place at 18m throw :p not too good , but the top throw was only 20m so im pretty happy\

side pannel painting coming soon, stay tuned :thumb:

Last edited: 30 Sep 2006
  11. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

never mix copper with alu or other metals it causes galvanic corrosion

12. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

@ leviathan18: what arey you talking about?

13. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

water will cause galvanic corrosion when in contact with more than 1 metal at a time.

14. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

yea i got that.. but what does that have to do with anything?, all my blocks, and rad is made of coper, my pump is plastic, and the only thing that is a diffrent metal is the reservoir, i havnt seen many people have trouble because they are using an aluminum reservoir+coper blocks, plus im using PC ice which is supposed to cut down on galvanic corrosion

15. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

YES i have finaly begun to paint my side pannels and wow its turned out nice here are the pics
    [​IMG]
    that is after 4 coats of clear and now its time to wash
    [​IMG]
    got my dad's car wash stuff, car soap and wax as you dry compound
    [​IMG]
    wet the pannel
    [​IMG]
    after washing and waxing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    various close ups, you can see some orange peeling in the last picture, i might fix that once the pain cures (about a week)
    [​IMG]
    oh crap, the side pannel looks better than the top LOL
    [​IMG]
    last shot with everything mounted
    [​IMG]
    before and after shots, as you can see, the other pannel is in the process of being taped off

well more updates are to come soon, stay tuned :thumb:

16. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

couldnt slleep so idecided to upload a picture i forgot
    [​IMG]
    i carbon fiber vinyl'ed the PSU blackplate

i also need to figure out how to photgraph the metalic paint, it looks 1000x nicer in person than in the pictures :\

17. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Looking sweet...I just love the look of that carbon fiber vinyl and the racing typo paintjob (btw your backpack is f**** sweet, too. Especialy with the stickers on it) :rock:

18. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

today im starting to cover the front of my PC in carbon vinyl,
    how did u stop it getting air bubbles under the vinyl im using soapy water but not that affective.

19. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Your mod is looking sweet at the moment, but I think you should've moulded the mesh in with the top to make it all blend in. Would've made it look much better, in my opinion.

This is probably a bit off topic by now, but if you're really looking for value-for-money in an External Hard Drive, it's much, much cheaper to simply buy an Internal Hard Drive and an External Enclosure. Put the two together, and you've got an External Hard Drive for like... half to three-quarters of the cost?

20. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

the reservoir is alu that will cause galvanic corrosion in your blocks with time clog them and the you need it clean it etc... just pointing that so you save some issues... to bring corrosion to the minimun use zerex

other than that great case mod