1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Soncetina - October 14th

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Soncetina, 14 Oct 2005.

1. Soncetina

Soncetina What's a Dremel?

hmmm, i thought id done more work than i have. manly been working on the door up to now, and i strated my other smaller project...

here

in the endthe hydraulic bender made a bit of a mess of one side, so i decided to bend the door by hand, i was actually lifting my 12 stone 6 up on the damn thing and it still didnt want to bend till i started swinging on it :wallbash:

but i got there in the end, i had to beat it alot tho to make the bend a little tighter, which put some fairly serious dents in it, but it will be painted to im just using body filler on them, i hope it workes :worried: you can see the filler in some pics further down.

the other problem is the corners...

[​IMG]

sorted later...

next i cut the hole for the screen to go into, the jigsaw didnt like doing it, mainly cos it wouldnt fit between the folded edges, why didnt i cut from the front? dunno, i only just thought of that, a week later.... :wallbash:

so what iu did do was mill the hole, which wasnt much fun either but it did the job...

[​IMG]

i tidied it up a little, today i will tidy it more

this is what it looks like at the moment..
    [​IMG]

i got my uncle up to teach me to weld, also to do the corners of the door, i figured it was alu and he is a l337 welder (was pro for a while not to long ago)

so now my corners look like this...

[​IMG]

you can also see in the background there the first bit of filler thats gone on, needs priming then filling again properly

Last edited: 17 Apr 2006
  2. Soncetina

Getting there

Due to more than 1 person asking me about my project inside a week i figured id post an update with nce pictures... nothing spectacular really but its getting there...

started with some of this....
    [​IMG]

cut it into one of these...
    [​IMG]

Then folded it alot, drilled it abit and made another, so it looked like this...
    [​IMG]

It now looks much like.....

this

:)

Altho to be fair i did some work today that i dont have pictures of, i put hinges on and mounted the door on them, the only things left to do now are....

1. Mobo Tray
    2. back panel
    3. rheo bus (started)
    4. other electrics
    5. housing for electrics
    6. hard drive mounts
    7. new fans for rad (i broke 1 of my TT ones :()
    8. painting
    9. window?
    10. mount rad
    11. buy wc parts
    12. buy CPU parts
    13. fix it all together

3. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Cool I'm glad to see work is still being done on this project. I like the etch (simple and nice) along with the front knob/switch plate.

4. Soncetina

:) thanks, yea this project is a bit of a marathon now, the "october 14th" part in the main title is when i started, october 14th 2005 lol

5. Soncetina

RAWWWRRRR!!!!!11 did work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So thats much of the back done, will now wait for a mobo before I cut out the I/O panel theres a mobo tray in there now aswell, its pretty ugly but functional

So I started making what will most likely be the only custom part of the WC system...the res... its not finished here im gonna finish it off now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it will look somthing similar to this...
    [​IMG]

but with some bars around it to tighten it all up, 2 fittings one end, 1 fitting the other end and I'll be using an LED thingy off an aqua tube to brighten it up a little,

comments?

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I plan to make my own res as well but that will be part two of my mod project when I start working on the WCing part of the case, I hope by then I have enough money saved to by a small workshop like mill setup to make it easier ^^

But ya great work so far ^^

7. Soncetina

Thanks, did my res using only a lathe and drillpress/pillar drill, if my milling machine was working Id make the whole WC kit lolthanks for you comment :)

this is the *just about* finished Res, the bars need a little cleaning up, like I said there will be a little LED mod to it....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I drilled the single hole end first and put it together, filled it with water and held it upside down (so the hole was to the bottom) and no water came out, which means that without any sealant or 'O' ring it is not only water tight but also air tight, which is nice. As im not too confident with my skills I will still put silicone sealer on the joints..

Last edited: 29 Oct 2006
  8. D3DAiM

D3DAiM Slightly Stupid.

That is some very nice metal working! Good job!

9. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

the res looks really good, at the first glance of the picture i though it was going to me a waterblock lol
    keep it up man *thumbs up*

10. Soncetina

:D ty, just thinking bout making a waterblock in a simliar way..... hmmmm

11. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

LOLLOL me 2 :clap: