1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defcon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 29 Sep 2006.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think it was just the standard 24 hour surge that all steam games get from preloading.

I played it fine today.

2. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

yah no bugs or slowdown on this side.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Gotta ask, as this game doesn't appear particularly graphically demanding, would it run on integrated (all I have available at the moment)? Lego Star Wars did at least, and that was a blast. Just have to ask so I don't end up wasting money until I have real hardware available to me again.

4. DougEdey

Look back on the last page, min requirements were posted.

5. smokeybox

smokeybox What's a Dremel?

Hmm.. He must seen altered ( US government's ) version of the movie ???

Still believing he is playing a video game, Broderick merrily launches nukes at the Russians (who else?), oblivous to the real-world crisis he has just triggered as US Army Generals choke on their cigars at the news of the Russian retaliation. WarGames is a great film and I would recommend you rent a copy if you haven't seen it. Of course, for fans of the film, it is now possible to experience it for yourself by playing Defcon.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Screw this, I'm poor but who cares.
    This game is awesome.

We really need a bit-tech server.

7. DougEdey

U don't get servers, just hosting on ppls.

I will play asmuch as poss. Add me on MSN if ppl want (in profile)

8. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Sys Requirements: You need a Geforce2. Thats an old card. However integrated video is often the pits. If I recall correctly GF2 has hardware T&L (Transform and lighting), so your integrated video should at least have that. There are various options in game to turn down the settings.

While not incredibly demanding, the game still is no visual slouch. It's got a great visual style, much like how Darwinia did, and it does use some GPU muscle to make it happen.

Right now: The master servers are a bit overloaded, so it's hard to join a game (you have better luck hosting your own). The server data is usually outdated, so that when you join an empty game, it's already full by the time you connect. Should die down in a few days though.

It's still entertaining to play the computer, and good practice to learn basic usage of all the units, etc.

Aggies

9. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

speed defcon is the best.... love basic insitint and speed great gem thanks bit tech (they should give you the game for free they sell a lot of games because of this review)

10. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

just downloaded the game, Very fun and addictive, I think I'm going to have to buy it. so deep yet so easy to pick up, IMO a good D and subs are the key to winning

africa is my nation and if you see W.H.O.P.P.E.R or Yellow cake, in the yellow color that's me

11. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Might have to have a blast of this.
    Office mode sounds funky. :D

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Got to say I prefer the EU or Aus. The EU has less water around it and you can pack it out in a smaller space which in speed games is good. Otherwise getting Aus means people either dont move the map and sometimes forget about it til it's too late :cooldude:

Im dying to play a 6 hour double sized map game.

13. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

Aarrrggghhh...a pitty I didn't read this on Friday. Still, I'm donwloading it as soon as I get out of the office.

Btw, I have only used Steam for HL2 and don't remember exactly how it works. If I buy it from home tonight, can I donwload Steam on my office PC and play it here? That could make lunch-time a totally different experience ;)

14. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Ive just had a chance to sit down and try playing and oh how very very badly I managed to loose VS the AI. Sadly though the AI didnt bother with each other and just decided to give me a whooping instead :(

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Man this is hard. I beat the AI for the first time last night. I only did it because I was in Africa and the AI was in Europe so my air fileds were in range of them and kept all my ships together as one huge fleet.

I havnt come close to beating the AI any other way and im surprised because im very good at these type of games.

Few more games on the demo and I might stretch to buying it. :)

16. DougEdey

Well worth teh £10

I played a couple of games yesterday, and both times I learnt new stuff, couple of 6 player games with similar continents being matched together to form alliances improves the whole experience.

17. tsutton

tsutton Minimodder

Looks like I missed the discount... it's now £15/$25

Edit - D'oh, if you go to http://store.introversion.co.uk - it's still showing the discounted price.

Mmmm! :D

18. endian675

endian675 What's a Dremel?

Can the game be played online or is it LAN only?

19. DougEdey

It is online mainly...

20. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

can be lan play as well

Tags: Add Tags