1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My first car! xD

Discussion in 'General' started by Stickeh, 26 Sep 2006.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

but we shouldnt have to pay extra for a car to fit us, unless we're in guiness for someting. my 1983 nissan pickup (towing capacity = 500 Lbs.) is still large enough for me to get busy in easily, driving is absolutely no problem.

thats the only thing i don't lke about manuals: you get a surprise when you're getting busy and forget its there.

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I dont have that problem.

3. I'm_Not_A_Monster

its easier for me to put one leg in the pasenger footwell, easier access

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Very nice Mini, I can't get over how small that thing is though. And you being 6'4"! Great work!

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I only recently looked at the mini as being small over the last few days, i never 'properly' looked at it, park it next to any other car and its tiny xD

Also limiting myself to the gaps i can make it through...even though it would be so easy...i guess its as i learnt to drive ( and pass my test ) in one of these :
    http://www.thornbercars.co.uk/car_images/195.jpg

6. Stickeh

7. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

The problem with a regular cab pickup in the winter, but in the summer I have a six foot bed (dual meaning). :D

I like the way the simple looking rims stand out agianst the rest of the car.

8. Fiver

Fiver What's a Dremel?

Nice mini, those tyres are the nuts, stick like poo. Is that a std rc40 exhaust? If you want louder drill the airbox, fit a k&n and get one of the bigbore rc40s from minispares. Keep an eye out on ebay for a skimmed 12G295 too.

One of the nicest things is parking them, you sit watching a big 4x4 try to squeeze into a spot, they give up and then you just dive straight in :D

I'm sorely tempted to swap the car I got for another mini.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2006
  9. I'm_Not_A_Monster

why would you want a loud car? i've never understood that. we spend so much time working on our rigs so we can get it as quiet as possible (watercooling anyone?) becaus it gets annoying listinging to a constant humming, why would someone want to intentionally do that to their car?

i'm not insulting, i'm serious, why?

10. Stickeh

The exhaust is this chrome thing:
    http://www.ratcliffe1633.freeserve.co.uk/images/exhust1.jpg
    From huddersfield mini spares it is allready fitted with a k&n and yes i really, really want a 1275. oh so bad.

Parking is quite difficult atm, heavy steering and wheel arch rubbing near full lock...not a happy fella, hopefully remidied(sp?) by fitting some Hi-lo's ( raise the front lower the back ).

i bought the car how it is....with a loud car... i dont need a radio :D
    i kid , i can drive the car without it making much noise at all, the video you saw was me driving almost to the car rev limits, any car would make a fair amount of noise if you took it near the red line ( unless your cars a milkfloat, but the noise then is kinda a *smashing* noise :D )
    People know your coming, they cant pull the 'i didnt hear you coming' line in an insurance claim ;).

oh and it sounds cool as too :D

Last edited: 5 Oct 2006
  11. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I'm_Not_A_Monster, it's not usually about how loud the car is, but if you enjoy driving then having a nice sound to accompany it is just wonderful. At the weekend I was lucky enough to go through a number of tunnels with a 911 Carrera 2, Elise 111R and Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo at full chat and the sound was superb. I understand some people want a quiet, civilised car instead, it's all just part of the experience of driving the car.

12. I'm_Not_A_Monster

i didn't watch the video, i was asking Fiver why he wants a loud car.

i like the deep rumble of a magna flow exhaust. something so low you feel it more than hear it. i can't stand those hondas that sound like a high-pitched lawnmower on steroids (well they are, but that isn't an excuse).

again, i'll compare it to a computer: a steady deep sound can fade into the background, while a hgh pitched whine (like from a HDD) can grate on your nerves

13. NiHiLiST

Ah, you see, the deep bass notes get on my nerves (30 minutes sat behind a Lambo Countach idling and I was a little sick of it). High-pitched is fine if it's caused by high revs, once you get to around 9000rpm most engines may as well be fellating my ears.

My car's like ripping silk when you give it some poke, though it would sound better without the turbo to blunt the sound.

14. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Carbs and throttle bodies sound better than any exhaust note. And turbo's make exhaust notes sound worse in my honest opinion.

NB: antilag is the only good noise that comes from an exhaust :D.

15. Fiver

Fiver What's a Dremel?

I said 'if you want it louder' not that loud is good.

There's a big diff between a 1.2 Corsa with Halfords exhaust vs a well tuned engine with a straight-through system. My mini before last I spent a ton of money on the engine so I figured I was allowed a louder/slightly bigger version of the rc40 (standard is only 1.75" bore anyway), the car was my toy and it sounded awesome :D

16. NiHiLiST

True, true and true ;) But with a 660cc 3-pot engine I'll never get a real induction roar.

Tags: