1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors WTF happened to fifth gear?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 8 Oct 2006.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive just caught it on C5 and they're sitting in a shop with some guy that has spikey hair and the charisma of a peanut talking about filling his car with chip fat.

What happened to the rest of the presenters? I mean, I was never a Plato fan but they've made it worse.

Now they're driving Flintoff around a track in a Porsche. It's actually irritating me.

EDIT: Actually I want to watch Tiff take an A-Team van around the track.

BWAHAHA: "Plus watch the biggest crash ever shown on Fifth Gear". Not as big as 280mph in a jet car I bet.

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Oct 2006
  2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Yea, it's crap.

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

was it ever good? vbh is better with no sound. god knows who that other guy is tho

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

there is no longer a good show about cars, I just hope top gear can make a return.

5. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

^^agreed, it always took second place to top gear but was still quite interesting to watch. now however the quality has gone and it seems to have been dumbed down :sigh:

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

They're trying to copy Top Gear by having daft races and suchlike, but seemingly have a generic middle-aged suited man thinking up the ideas, whereas Top Gear have 2 presenters who can think like excited children when they have to ;)

They should have stuck with what they were good at, half-decent roadtests and ragging hot hatches round Anglesey.

7. Tarff

Tarff What's a Dremel?

Noticed they've started using lens filters to make the sky look all dark and moody like TG have done for years, but keep panning down to the car with it still on.

Tim Lovejoy should stick with Soccer AM.

8. Sputnik

Sputnik What's a Dremel?

I don't watch Fifth Gear often. Only is it's on and there is nothing else to watch, then I'll watch. I've also noticed that Fifth Gear has tried copying the camera and visual effects of Top Gear, only they haven't done it properly. Fifth Gear has and always will be second to Top Gear.

Nothing annoys me more than cheap rip-offs.

Sputnik :lol:

9. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

they can't because anglesey is closed till next year

10. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I know, Piratetaco, and they have found other alright-looking tracks to use. It's just a shame they're doing cack races like an RC car against a Mini GP. It was obvious the RC car would win and was about as entertaining as shaving my eyeballs.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You know what's SO fantastic: Go to their website and click "on TV". Now try to find when it's actually ON TV??

No, I cant find it either.

EDIT: OH for the love of god GET SOME ONE PROPER TO REVIEW IT! It's like listening to my uncle reviewing a Lambo, same accent n awl.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Oct 2006
  12. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Channel 5's website, just like 95% of the programmes on it, is a bag of shite.

According to their website, half the programmes 5 broadcasts don't exist, and have no EPG descriptions. Joy! :wallbash:

Tags: