1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northbridge Cooler..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-23315, 13 Oct 2006.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I want to get a different cooler for my Nforce 4 SLi chip on my A8N-SLi Deluxe...

the two options ive got are :

Zalman 'Straight fins'

Zalman 'Flower Cooler'

and also, do these come with push pins ??? :eyebrow: the pins that came with my A8N have been 'destroyed'

2. Valo

Valo Minimodder

i have nb47 and its cutting me fine :) it comes with pushpins (better than stock ones imo, easier to install and remove)
    it works pretty well with no airflow over it (i only have lowrpm 80 intake and 120mm lowrpm exhaust)

3. Max Tractor

Max Tractor Minimodder

I have used the blue zalman on a multitude of chipsets, and has performed briiliantly, currently cooling nf2/nf4 and the hot spot that is the ULi M1697(2.2v stock). Yes push pins/paste/and fully adjustable

4. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack, but it's definately relevant :):

I have an Asus A8n32 sli deluxe, but I'm not convinced that the onboard heatpipe solution is all that great.

Would a pair of these (Northbridge and Southbridge) give me better temps do you think?

And what about the Mosfets (think that's what they are, situated towards the top of the board to the left of the CPU socket) that are cooled by the last part of the heatpipe? Obviously, I would need some sort of replacement heatsink to cool these. I have a front intake and rear outtake, 2 top mounted blowholes, along with 2 side intakes (talk about overkill :)). All fans are 120mm SilenX extremes.

5. Max Tractor

Max Tractor Minimodder

have you thought about pulling the heatpipe, clean the stock paste off and apply as5/re-attach hp

6. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

£3.36 less here

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Try what Max Tractor said. I've heard of stories where Asus use crappy thermal paste, and simply taking the heatsink off, cleaning it and applying some good stuff can lower temps by 10C or so.

8. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Really? :eeek:

Thanks for that guys :D. I'm away from home at the mo, but I'm back Sunday night and methinks I'll give it a try.

Having said that, it means I'll have to take everything out of the case AGAIN. Having said that, I would have to have done it if I'd have bought new heatsinks anyway, so I don't know what I'm whinging about.

Plus, everything else in my system has had a run-in with Artic Silver 5, so why should the heatpipe get away with it :D

You don't happen to have a linky to those 10c claims do you mate?

Cheers guys

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

If you're thinking of replacing the NB heatsink, go the whole hog and buy a swifty, I know they're a lot more expensive but I'm really pleased with mine.