1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Tank-o-matic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hazchem, 4 Oct 2006.

1. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

first off I am unsure as to whether this should be in here or extreme cooling, so feel free to move it.

my question is this, I want to change the barbs of my tank-o-matic to 1/2" I.D. and I have no idea what threads it has, I have searched on many forums and found contradicting advice, so could someone who has done it or knows for certain, tell me what barbs I would need? I know it will be restricting, but I have a laing d4 and frankly the res is just so purty I have to have it. Thanks in advance!

2. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

from coolercases >>

The exchangeable 8x1 fittings enable a simple, fast and reliable connection to your cooling system.
    If necessary the connections can be exchanged , since the reservoir comes with 1/4" threads according to standards.

3. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

thanks very much PIE_UK, but I have looked at coolercases and can find no barbs that are "8x1", there are barbs that are described as being for innovatek systems but I have read conflicting evidence regarding what threads fit, whether it be bspp, bspt, g1/4" etc. that it would be really helpful if someone could just say "these barbs work". thanks in advance for any help!

4. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

I was planning to do the same thing, i just went ahead and ordered it. The res should be with me monday or tuesday so ill let you know if its possible to change without using converting barbs or re-tapping the threads.

Alex

Edit:
    After a search i turned up this

5. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

G-1/4" British Standard Pipe threads. Highly common from most any wc equipment.

8x1 mm refers to 8 mm inner diameter with 1 mm thick tubing wall.

6. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

talk to coolmeister? (I think)

he hooked me up with a set for my tank-o-matic back in the day (granted I'm on the other side of the pond)

7. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

thanks ver much guys, after much investigation I have since found out that it is indeed 1/4" BSPT (parallel) and as soon as I manage to scrounge together the rest of the bits I need I look forward to plumbing in that bad boy, along with the ridiculously pretty chrome laing d4 I was so chuffed to get from ebay.

8. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

I got mine yesterday and its all good. mounted up with the 1/2" ID barbs. Looks sweet :) Hope you get on okey with yours mate.

Alex

9. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

step 1. Take tank-o-matic
    step 2. Go to hardware store
    step 3. test stuff untill you find something that fits. Just don't overtighten.

10. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

If all else fails drill out the whole re-tap with a larger thread and go from there.

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

No need. It's already threaded for the most popular size out there.

Tags: