1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development jWindow - like thickbox but different!

Discussion in 'Software' started by alter_ego, 23 Oct 2006.

1. alter_ego

alter_ego What's a Dremel?

www.therootdesign.co.uk/jwindow

Basically jWindow can create windows within an html page, in similar fashion to thickbox, however they are movable, and unlike thickbox, you can have as many windows running as you want at the same time.

Along with this, jWindow is really simple to implement, and pretty lightweight.

It's my first sort "jQuery project" as such, and I will be improving on it over the next few weeks, so that for example it will be able to display content, which is not within the actual page, i.e. external links.

For more info on how to implement it, download it and what it asctually is, please go here.

2. starcab

starcab What's a Dremel?

Cool!I like the fade-in effect when opening windows:)

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I love the idea. Very cool. Not so sure on the black lines though that grow from the link... also I get this little voice in the back of my head saying thats a popup.... and thats annoying... Dunnow... Maybe have it just fade in rather than zoom and fade and have the window behind it fade a bit...

4. alter_ego

Thanks alot for the feedback.

Good point will, I'm currently updating it right now, so I'll work on making the effects optional, and I'll try and implement it so you can choose your own "animation" type.

Any more criticism really would be appreciated.

5. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

looks cool on my windows box, but doesn't work on my linux box... am running FireFox 1.5.0.7 with java version "1.4.2" gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.0 (Ubuntu 4.1.0-1ubuntu8).

6. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

That's really cool, although page looks a bit odd with JS turned off.

It works okay on my linux box (after having allowed JS of course). FF 1.5.0.7-2, JRE 1.4.2_02-ea on Debian Testing, albeit rather slowly (it's a 1.5Ghz Thinkpad R40 with 1.5GB RAM)

7. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Is there any way to make a window stay at the top? As when I stop clicking on it, it disappears to the layer it was originally on - am I making sense?

8. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

me likey... and it works in IE and FF...

9. alter_ego

Sorry about the late respons, I'm currently updating this and the jSlideshow, and hope to release them in the next few days, bit I've got all my uni interviews right now so things are a bit hectic.

All going well it should be up in the next few days.